Need a GOOD case for optimum cooling in 100$

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitme987

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2012
Hello,

I need some recommendations for a good case that would fit the following components in it :

Intel Core i7-950 Extreme @3.07Ghz (8MB Cache and HT-Enabled)
Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3 @1600Mhz (Triple Channel)
ATI Radeon HD 5850 1 GB DDR5 Dedicated Graphic card
Intel Server Motherboard
Huntkey 600W PSU
Western Digital 1TB 7200 32MB [1*n]

My budget is around 100$ can extend to max of 120$ if there are great options available there.

And, one more thing, If I buy a new case, Will the power supply of 600W be enough or do I require to use a 700W PSU?

Thanks for your time.

Regards!

Solution
The case has nothing to do with the power supply, but if you want to get a new PSU, then based upon your system that needs at least a 500W power supply, with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connectors, like Antec EA-500 Green 500W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371063

As for the case I´d advise you to get a case with an excellent air flow, as the X58 platform is well known to run very hot indeed.

COOLER MASTER HAF 922 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119197

how does the case affect power consumption.

and if you are to upgrade the psu, might as well upgrade the GPU

get this case. cooling is ok but silence is high. and its built well and is on sale for a very good price

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352020&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

jemm

Distinguished
The case has nothing to do with the power supply, but if you want to get a new PSU, then based upon your system that needs at least a 500W power supply, with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connectors, like Antec EA-500 Green 500W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371063

As for the case I´d advise you to get a case with an excellent air flow, as the X58 platform is well known to run very hot indeed.

COOLER MASTER HAF 922 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119197

Solution

socialfox

Distinguished

socialfox

Distinguished

I actually suggested two cases, one that was 49.99 after MIR which I suggested if the OP needs to take a cut from the power supply budget and another that is 79.99 that is if the OP can afford the power supply without taking a cut from the power supply budget. Nonetheless, the HAF 922 is a great case if the OP likes those types of cases and the price is quite nice on it. You suggested a great case as well if the OP doesn't mind spending extra for the power supply :)

jemm

Distinguished
The tittle of this thread is "Need a GOOD case for optimum cooling in 100$"

Also the OP clearly stated that his budget for the ***case*** was $100, and he added that he´d "extend to max of 120$ if there are great options available there." The OP was talking exclusively about case until then.

Later the OP inquired about power supply, but it has never been said that the power supply should be fit into the $120 budget.

There are no deleted posts here, if there were I could see them. I "lose" posts all the time by thinking I hit post when I didn't. I use an addon for Firefox called Lazarus though. I never truly lose a post. Check it out.

Since I read it, I will agree. Avoid Huntkey like the plague, and read the PSU guide linked in my sig.

jemm

Distinguished

Actually I was just being ironic when I wrote that, because some people in this thread insist in ignoring the fact that I did recommend the OP a better PSU -- I provided a link for my suggestion.

It is the third post in thread, but for some reason one keeps insinuating that I support Huntkey, when I recommended a PSU from Antec -- I hope I am not the only one to be able to see my post, because it is still there!

hitme987

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2012
Hello,

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

@iceclock, Sorry, I'm kinda noob here, How does a PSU affects the system performance? You mentioned Huntkey's crap, what's the real need of a good PSU?..I didn't research this site before buying that PSU 1 month back but its been silent and doing the job well. Added that it had 5 year burn-in and full hardware warranty. I opted for Huntkey, I previously had cooler master 600w which was burnt and cooler master did NOT provide me the warranty for the same and I had 2 year warranty left..

Any more suggestions for cases would be appreciated, I want to make this one a bit permanent so, I'm looking for a good one indeed. I liked the COOLER MASTER HAF 922, thinking to buy it unless there is a need for me to upgrade my PSU

Regards!

hitme987

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2012

I'm assuming the extra added fans could add to the power consumption. I'm now having a normal iball case with 3 normal fans in it..

Why upgrade the GPU? I'm able to run all the HD games out there at max without overclocking too..

I'm really not sure why we should upgrade the PSU when the current PSU does the job well..

Status
Not open for further replies.