3650 power button broken - workaround?

Last response: in Brands
August 12, 2004 8:26:10 PM

So I have a nokia 3650 - its about a year old and it seems as though the
power button has gone limp. I made the deadly mistake of taking the
battery out in attempt to fix the problem and now im stuck with a dead
phone

any ideas on maybe how to get the phone to turn on without using the
power button?

it feels like the peice of plastic or whatever underneath the power
button has broken off... and im no electrition so If thats broken, how
do I fix it?

thanks

--
yecg
http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t144838.html

> So I have a nokia 3650 - its about a year old and it seems as though the
> power button has gone limp. I made the deadly mistake of taking the
> battery out in attempt to fix the problem and now im stuck with a dead
> phone
>
> any ideas on maybe how to get the phone to turn on without using the
> power button?
>
> it feels like the peice of plastic or whatever underneath the power
> button has broken off... and im no electrition so If thats broken, how
> do I fix it?

Purchase a new button, an SMD soldering iron & a practise kit.
Practise SMD soldering for a while until you are more than confident, then
replace the power button inside the phone... You'll also need a T6
screwdriver to get in there.

Of course, you could always take it to a mobile phone repair business, it'll
cost you around $20 if it's just the power button.

Good idea to get two quotes, a third if the two don't match, or you could be
up for whatever they said they fixed. Some are sneaky like that.

-mark
August 13, 2004 8:07:02 PM

"yecg" <yecg.1awa57@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> So I have a nokia 3650 - its about a year old and it seems as though the
> power button has gone limp. I made the deadly mistake of taking the
> battery out in attempt to fix the problem and now im stuck with a dead
> phone
>
> any ideas on maybe how to get the phone to turn on without using the
> power button?
>
> it feels like the peice of plastic or whatever underneath the power
> button has broken off... and im no electrition so If thats broken, how
> do I fix it?
>
> thanks
>

> --
> yecg
> http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread:
http://cellphoneforums.net/t144838.html

Has the 3650 got removable covers? If so, it could only be the button on the
cover that is damaged. Would removing or replacing the cover allow you to
press the power button again?

--
Please remove shoes to reply

But what ... is it good for?
- Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968,
commenting on the microchip.
!