Sign in with
Your question

Laptop screen problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 14, 2012 4:23:15 PM

Hi. :hello:  I had my screen cracked on my Sony PCG-61611M and so I"ve order a new one. And today when I connected my new screen and turned on power it is just balck. I tried to take out battery and hold power button for 30 secs and all that stuff- didn't help at all. So then i tried to connect cracked screen and I was surprised because I didn't work too (but it worked a day ago) So I was wondering maybe someone had same problem could you please help me? If not I try to send it back by warranty.
PS I do get an image from a PC monitor when I connect in to laptop.

More about : laptop screen problems

a b U Graphics card
June 14, 2012 4:38:05 PM

When the screen is black, is it a lit black (screen is on but nothing is displaying), or is it not on at all? When connecting your screen, there should be two cables you need to plug in, are they both being connected properly?
June 14, 2012 4:38:47 PM

Sounds like either the screen wasn't hooked up properly, or the screen you bought isn't compatible with your model of laptop.

You might consider ordering the screen directly from Sony?

If you did do that and it's not working for you I would try calling Sony and asking them about shipping your laptop directly to them and having them fix it on site.

This will result in no laptop for a couple of weeks, but at least you will have a working one. (This is assuming it has the required warranty)

Best of luck,

Shinseina
Related resources
June 14, 2012 4:53:06 PM

Chairman Ray said:
When the screen is black, is it a lit black (screen is on but nothing is displaying), or is it not on at all? When connecting your screen, there should be two cables you need to plug in, are they both being connected properly?

Ok so when I turn on the power screen stays black (like is off) but when I turn of power I can see a little white spark or something like that. And I have only 1 connection which is the connector and it is plugged correctly
a b U Graphics card
June 14, 2012 5:31:36 PM

If there's only one cable present, then it should be fine.

One possible problem may be compatibility. Laptops often have very specific capatibility requirements. You can have two laptops of the exact same model and they could use different screens. I'm not certain whether this is the case for Sony. I know I have run into this issue many times with other manufacturers. Although this may explain why your new screen is not working, it certainly does not explain why your old one would no longer work. Perhaps something got damaged on the way?

At the point, I may suggest contacting Sony support for help, they are more knowledgeable on their parts.
!