Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Power Supply help...

Last response: in Components
a b ) Power supply
December 19, 2012 6:33:29 PM

Hi there! Don't normally ask questions frequently but I would like some input on finding a great power supply.

Recently my brother needed a power supply since his got toast which I told him not to use bundled power supplies with cases, if your wondering the brand was called ALLIED. I decided to give him my power supply that is only one month old, its a Corsair CX-430 which will work with his build just fine since he doesn't use any graphics card.

I have been considering switching back to this power supply (I owned this one before):
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=62331&vpn=VP450&manuf...

Now my true query is, are there any other power supplies that you guys know of that is on sale as well? And is equal or better in terms of quality and wattage (looking to keep it below 550 watts, may upgrade video card soon to HD 7850 or HD 8850 in the future). Now I really am focused on getting a power supply lower than 500 watts since I may not even get the video card upgrade since I am getting 30+ fps in all games I play on high settings with the HD 7770 (1600x900).

Here is the rest of my build:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition (stock clocks, 3.2ghz)
Crucial Ballistix 2x4 GB Modules, 1333mhz
Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.D
Asus Radeon HD 7770
Antec Kuhler H2O 620
Total of 3 120mm case fans (two on the radiator and one in the front of the case)
and some LED Strips....about 4.

Now some other questions related:
How much does shipping to Brampton, Ontario cost from NCIX?
How much power does the Kuhler 620 draw?

Thanks so much for reading my post, and will make sure to pick a best answer! I appreciate all answer :) 

*Need Canadian links only, I prefer ordering from within Canada since I am giving this power supply tonight and need the new power supply asap. I have a spare Cooler Master power supply (that is terrible) but am willing to give it another go temporarily until I get the new power supply.

More about : power supply

a b ) Power supply
December 19, 2012 6:51:48 PM

Hi :) 

You already KNOW the answer to your own question.... you are too good not to... :) 

ANY decent make 500 to 600 will do...

All the best Brett :) 
Score
a b ) Power supply
December 19, 2012 7:26:51 PM

Hi there Brett, thanks for answering.
I just posted this so if anyone knows any sweet deals I am unaware of that is available for my area. Anyways do you know how much watts a closed loop water cooler like the Kuhler 620 takes?

Thanks for your time :) 
Score
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
December 19, 2012 7:31:06 PM

socialfox said:
Hi there Brett, thanks for answering.
I just posted this so if anyone knows any sweet deals I am unaware of that is available for my area. Anyways do you know how much watts a closed loop water cooler like the Kuhler 620 takes?

Thanks for your time :) 

Hi :) 

We don't use them but as a guess around 5 watts max...

All the best Brett :) 
a b ) Power supply
December 19, 2012 7:42:40 PM

Best answer selected by socialfox.
Score
a b ) Power supply
December 19, 2012 7:42:57 PM

Alrightey, thanks again :) 
Score
!