Sign in with
Your question

Avermedia Live Gamer HD & SLI EVGA GTX 670 FTWs

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 14, 2012 5:00:25 PM

Ok if you can try to picture this:

Currently I have my first GTX 670's HDMI output connected to the HDMI input of my Avermedia Live Gamer HD capture card, as shown on the setup diagram for the Live Gamer HD.

Everything is fine and dandy with that, but I am getting a 120hz Monitor that requires a dual link DVI connection.

That being said:

Can the HDMI and DVI outputs both run out of my GTX 670 without any performance loss? I dont mean visual quality because if I can only record in 60hz its not a big deal, but I certainly want to be able to play FPS at 120hz.

Thanks in advance

a b U Graphics card
June 14, 2012 5:08:59 PM

Using HDMI cable will not allow you to play at 1080p 120hz, you can only play at 1080p 60hz maximum using an hdmi conection, if you use a DisplayPort or Dual link DVI cable you will be able to play at 120hz the quality and performance isn't changed, the only difference using 120hz is that you will be able to see more than 60fps...
m
l
June 15, 2012 12:17:53 AM

I somehow knew someone was going to respond with that info. Thanks for responding but it is my fault for not being more clear, let me rephrase that:

Will my GTX 670 drive both my 120hz monitor with dual link dvi and my HDMI input to my Capture device simultaneously?
m
l
Related resources
June 15, 2012 12:31:28 AM

It will do so, but I suppose the real question you're asking is whether it will drive one at 120Hz and the other at 60Hz.

I haven't the foggiest idea if that will work or not... Theoretically, it should be possible, since the card allows for 2 independent video streams, but if you're cloning your 120Hz monitor to your HDMI capture card, then my gut tells me that it will lock at the minimum spec of the pair, specifically, it will lock in to 60Hz on both the HDMI output and the DL-DVI. My gut tells me that because the same thing happens with cloned monitor resolutions: they lock to the same resolution, usually the lower spec of the two monitors.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 15, 2012 1:56:20 PM

oh yes, never tested that, but it should work using one at 120hz and the other at 60hz, they are normally independant in the graphics control, just make sure you are using the dual link cable to the 120hz display and it should work at that frequency.
if you are using another monitor with something using the gpu it can cause a performance loss yes, but i think you will be ok with SLI 670, i would consider looking over a 3 monitor surround setup if i had an 670 SLi.
m
l
June 15, 2012 8:32:25 PM

thanks for the responses. I thought it would work since one output would be at 120hz (monitor) and the other one at 60hz (capture card).

We will soon find out :) 
m
l
!