Sign in with
Your question

Rosewill RNX-N180UBE Windows 7 64 bit problem

Last response: in Wireless Networking
September 23, 2011 12:47:15 AM

Hello, I have a Rosewill RNX-N180UBE adapter and win 7 64 bit. I have tried installing the latest drivers from their site, installing the drivers/software from the disk and even just installing just the driver off the disk without the software. It shows device connected when Plugged in but usually does not show up in windows or give me any connection. The lights on the device is on/flashing and drivers installed. Any ideas?
October 18, 2012 12:38:26 AM

Emerald said:
it should use a Realtek RTL8188SU chipset. You could try this driver

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Lan...

its not the driver he wants. im haveing the same problem its the utility program to salect the wifi signal its not thare ive looked on the disk on the web sight. its lame its like thay just forgot about it.
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a c 416 $ Windows 7
October 18, 2012 12:59:32 AM

Should give you the option while you install.
m
l
November 23, 2012 2:24:06 PM

wezzlegod said:
its not the driver he wants. im haveing the same problem its the utility program to salect the wifi signal its not thare ive looked on the disk on the web sight. its lame its like thay just forgot about it.

I'm having the same problem.
did you ever get the adaptor to work?
m
l
December 12, 2012 1:40:05 AM

The disk that comes with the wireless adapter doesn't include the configuration utility. You have to go on the Rosewill website and download the driver there. The executable contains both the driver and the configuration utility application. This is a big error on Rosewill's part. The manual even states instructions on how to set up the wireless adapter using the configuration utility, but it's not even included on the CD that comes with the product.

At any rate, I now have the utility installed, but it keeps shutting down for some reason. It will appear on the screen for a brief second as it tries to start up, but then the application will close. It will keep cycling through starting briefly and then closing. I tried different compatibility modes, but Windows can't find the problem. Also tried reinstalling. Still does not work. If anyone has solutions to this, please let me know.
m
l
!