How do I remove the fans from the nzxt phantom 410?

TheScarecrow97

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
I want to install some led fans but the stock ones are in my way. How do I remove them? I think they all connect to the fan controller, but I can't disconnect them from it....Its very confusing as to how all the fan cables rout imo, could anyone explain it to me? : /

I've owned the very same case and the fan controller Means nothing. They're all plugged in your motherboard, find your motherboard manual and look for the fan plug-in. When unplugged remove dust filters and get your screwdriver! ;)

Burgies

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
They arent plugged into your motherboard. They are plugged into the fan controller via 3/4 pin connectors (cant remember which one). Behind the right hand panel you will be able to unplug all these. Unscrew the fans and install your new ones. Just plug them into the pins you just took the old ones out of.

The process is pretty easy, if your really stuck maybe you shouldnt be opening your case. Have a look at anti-static practices, and youtube should installing new fans to get a walk through. Remember these are case fans, not CPU or anything else, so they generally dont go onto the motherboard.

TheScarecrow97

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012

Allright thanks. I got the fans unplugged, but as I'm trying to replace them with new, led fans, the screws that came with the old fans won't work.....Do I need to buy new screws? If so, any idea what kind? : /

Burgies

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
I replaced all the fans in my 410 with some nice quiet ones, and added a few extra to the provided mounts. All the fans i bought came with the required hardware. If you bought them locally i would go back in and ask about that.