Solved

Building a hackintosh for hd video editing

Hello,
my budget is $850 - $1000 do i need an intel core i7 2700k or i5 3570 do i require a high end nvidia gpu or will a AMD Raedon 7850 do
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about building hackintosh video editing
  1. Best answer
    best you go to the mac site and see what builds they have on there pro lineup then build 1 to them specs. the reason for this is that hackintosh works best with known configs and you wont need hacked drivers called kexts. hackintosh is a pain when you dont have supported hardware... i tried and failed miserably as i had to remove half the hardware in my system just to get it to boot...

infact its better not to even bother with it. just build a mac like system and get a legit copy of lion osx or similar.

more often than not macs use ati gfx cards. the last time i looked (12months or so back) they used them exclusively so you will want to check and match yours to it.
    its a shame i know but macs are often a generation behind windows based builds. due to them using standardized secs for there pro builds.
  2. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
  3. Best answer selected by jojo71.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Video Editing Systems