How can I keep Dust out of Fans?

binky70

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Just cleaned ours today...what a difference (the fan was so loud we couldnt' hear anything else.

Had a wide thin brush that is for putting dye on hair, and had one of those micro cloths, and everything is so...so...clean now. First take off the outer case. Start at the top and everywhere you go, brush brush, then pick up all the loose dust in the bottom and then blow blow and then do that again with the cloth.
Guess you could use a hairdryer on cold instead of blowing..but the micro cloth really works, and the brush did the fan, etc. Or a small pain brush could work, but this brush was perfect (it was about 3" across and had just the right bristles (not too thick). Sure feels good and my computer is so quiet now..sweet!

socialfox

Distinguished
+1^ to the cooker hood filter, and my god this is the fifth time I heard pantyhose for a dust filter....a bit awkward :lol:

Would be quite the pickle to explain to your friend why you have a pantyhose on your computer lol

irkajava

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013

Hi there
If I cut it to size, do I tape it to the outside of my computer? Will that work? Will it cut down the airflow? Or Will i still have the same amount of airflow? Also, can I put it over all vent holes? I live in Phx. And my computer is sooooo dusty! Also, I used compressed air, but I wonder, do the pro's have ways to get to places I may not be able to see (though my desktop was hand built from scratch with lots of room to spare in the huge tower,) and I couldn't get behind certain areas, nor see with a flashlight inside or behind all of he hardware. I guess what I want to kow, is if they can get it much cleaner than I can with air can and slightly damp cloth, and q tips. My email is irkajava@yahoo.com. Pls reply there. I dont frequent this place. My tumblr has a message box too for anonymity. Thank you! Twitter @irkajava
irkajavasdream.tumblr.com
Thank u!