Cpu cooling fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

solomaniac85

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
Well I have a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835999048&Tpk=logisys%20gammax cpu cooler cooling my i5 3570k ivy bridge, after fighting with those freaking push pins *first build* I finally got them snapped in and see an avg. idle temp at bios with stock times at about 30-32c *29c is the lowest I see 32c was the highest* these temps may not be super accurate but I've recently added some artic silver 5 and I've been restarting and starting up so its slowly been setting in so I dunno if the temps will be much lower but perfect really for me not sure what those temps should be though. Well I have an open air case * was an antec 300* but took the rivets out and all of the fans *may add some back* and layed it on its side, looks really good. But I have the cpu coolers fan facing away from the exhaust vent so the case vent is here: [ and the cpu fan is facing this way ]. I have a coolermaster sickleflow 120mm cooling fan and I was wondering if I should put that fan in there to push the heat out of that case vent or pull it in. As far as I can fell the cpu fan is pulling or pushing * im still iffy on how to use those terms* air outwards. SO IN conclusion would it be a better deal to add that extra fan or leave it as is? Thanks. Sorry for the long post!

Solution
Are you considering push-pull? You'd want to install the second fan as an exhaust fan so you should be seeing the back of the fan visible once installed. That way the first cone shaped fan will push air through the heatsink, the fan on the other side will pull it out and the exhaust fan will take the exhausted air from the second cpu fan. With push-pull expect something around 2-5 degrees in temperature differences, there are many factors that affect the temperature so I gave you a general estimation....

socialfox

Distinguished
Are you considering push-pull? You'd want to install the second fan as an exhaust fan so you should be seeing the back of the fan visible once installed. That way the first cone shaped fan will push air through the heatsink, the fan on the other side will pull it out and the exhaust fan will take the exhausted air from the second cpu fan. With push-pull expect something around 2-5 degrees in temperature differences, there are many factors that affect the temperature so I gave you a general estimation....

Solution

solomaniac85

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012

Sounds good thanks!

socialfox

Distinguished
Drop a private message if you seek any additional help or need any other help, I can help you with most problems and general overclocking questions if needed.

- Have a good day, and make sure to let me know before the 21st, I might not make it if the zombies get me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.