Sign in with
Your question

Intel 4000 Integrated Graphics and Intel IGFXPERS.exe process question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 14, 2012 7:57:08 PM

I built a PC utilizing an Ivy Bridge core i5 3570K CPU. The 4000 integrated graphics are all I use (need). Is there any reason not to disable IGFXPERS.exe? Thank you!
June 15, 2012 9:02:38 PM

ratchet said:
I built a PC utilizing an Ivy Bridge core i5 3570K CPU. The 4000 integrated graphics are all I use (need). Is there any reason not to disable IGFXPERS.exe? Thank you!

Yes, you can disable it. But pay attention to this comment:

On UMPCs this process is essential if you run the display in a scaled resolution, i.e. any other resolution than the native screen resolution (which is 800x480 for all the 2006 era UMPCs with 7-inch touch screen displays). When you shut down/standby/hibernate the UMPC, this process will return the display resolution to 800x480 so that when it restarts the display will be synchronized with the touch screen resolution. If you disable this process, then the screen will not be dropped to the native resolution and when you restart, your touch screen and display will be scaled differently.

igfxpers.exe
m
l
a c 358 U Graphics card
a c 115 å Intel
June 15, 2012 9:12:21 PM

I'm pretty sure a UMPC will not have a Core i5-3570k CPU in it since UMPC is a general category for tablets and certain smartphones.

It would be awesome if a Windows 8 smartphone has a core i5-3570k though. Imaging playing BF3 or Skyrim or Metro 2033 on your smartphone. Then again, the phone might get so hot that it burns your hands and you drop your smartphone on the ground and you watch it slowly burn away the plastic and melt anything metallic.
m
l
!