Losing Wireless Connection

kavkazi

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Need help desperately!!!!!

I’m usually pretty good with computer problems, and the one helping others. But this problem has me beat. I just don’t know what to do any more.

The problem is my wireless network keeps disconnecting once in a while (approx. every day or two). When it goes out, eventually I am unable to connect any of my desktops or laptops wirelessly until I power cycle the modem and the router. But the ones connected by wire work fine.

Here is what I’ve gone through to trouble shoot:

I called my ISP provider, and they said if I’m not having problems connected directly to the modem they can’t help me. It works for weeks connected directly with no problems.

I called the manufacturer of the router, and they said since it works by wire, and I’m able to get a connection wirelessly, it’s not their issue.

I upgraded the firmware on the router.

I went through 2 different brand new routers (Linksys and DLink), and also tried new adapters.

I tried changing the location of the router, even bringing it 5 feet away from the desktop.

I tried playing around with the settings of the router (channel)

I even upgraded my Internet connection to 35 mbps which comes with a new modem/gateway which acts as a wireless router too. The new gateway also loses wireless connection.

I don’t know what to do as I ruled out everything. It’s not the ISP problem, it’s not a router issue, and it’s not a specific computer problem. I just don’t know what to do. I really don’t want to run cables to all of my computers. It’s very inconvenient for laptops.

Please help!!