Sign in with
Your question

New abit off help picking a GFX card

Last response: in Systems
August 5, 2012 4:28:26 PM

ok so im looking to buy some new parts for my XW4400, but i dont know what GFX card to go for.

i what to have 2 cards so i can crossfire them but i don't know what be best for my tower.

my PC spec just now.
intel core 2 duo 2.4 ghz
4gig of ram
160GB hdd
ATI x1050

i know that i will be upgrading the CPU to a Intel® Core™2 Extreme Processor QX6800 (i think that's the best CPU i an have in it. all so going to up the ram to 8gig and put 2 more HDD's in it. and will most likey get a new PSU as well

so if someone can point me too a good GFX card that will crossfire and fit in my case that be a big help.

More about : abit picking gfx card

August 5, 2012 5:08:35 PM

do you have a budget?
August 5, 2012 5:14:34 PM

im not looking to spend over the top cash on them, so about £100-£150 on each GFX card
Related resources
August 5, 2012 6:05:12 PM

but will 2 off them fit in my case?
August 5, 2012 7:23:15 PM

muddymanko said:
but will 2 off them fit in my case?

What kind of performance are you looking to get out of the build?

You would be much better off getting a high end single GPU instead of using crossfire. The only reason to crossfire would be if you already had a gpu and want better performance, or if you already have the highest end cards.

You are always better to get a single card setup as opposed to a dual card setup, assuming there is a single card that will match your demands, which, in your case there is.

Given your budget, I would recommend a gtx 570, radeon 7850, or a radeon 7870. You could also wait until nvidia launches their new 660 ti.
August 6, 2012 3:14:38 PM

roadkill922 said:
What kind of performance are you looking to get out of the build?

You would be much better off getting a high end single GPU instead of using crossfire. The only reason to crossfire would be if you already had a gpu and want better performance, or if you already have the highest end cards.

You are always better to get a single card setup as opposed to a dual card setup, assuming there is a single card that will match your demands, which, in your case there is.

Given your budget, I would recommend a gtx 570, radeon 7850, or a radeon 7870. You could also wait until nvidia launches their new 660 ti.

im looking for more gaming, tho this retro gaming with the odd new game here and there, ill have a look at the cards you recommend and thank you for the reply.
!