A couple questions about this Graphics Card.

StevieJB

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
I've been looking for an upgrade from mu HD 5700 Series and am swaying towards the HD7850

But before I order this card could someone tell me if this card is good enough to run recent games on high/ultra settings?

And is this compatible with my ASRock H61M-S motherboard?

Many thanks

StevieJB

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012

I believe I've got a 750W psu, I'm not entirely sure as it was a spare from my brothers old computer, I'll open it up tomorrow and check it out so I'm sure, but would you recommend an upgrade if it is below 720W?. Also I'm running a 1920x1080 monitor.

whats more important is the name brand of the psu and the amount of amps that the 12v rail can give off. preferably certified because you dont want a rebranded psu where the company took a 300w psu and put a 750w sticker on it and resold it.

StevieJB

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012

I asked him and he said he bought the pc pre-made before upgrading so he really doesn't know either, I didn't know this, so chances are it could be anything running my system at the minute considering he purchased it off ebay/amazon, I really don't know.

It looks like I'll have to buy a corsair psu to be on the safe side, I suddenly don't feel safe running my computer with it now I know of this.

you necessarily dont have to buy corsair, a sngle 7850 card will take no more than 350w on load max. a 430 or 500w psu will work in a single card setup, if you need psu recommendations for price, you can ask now.

HD7850 does not need a big psu - 500W is suggested by AMD (conservative) but as stated ^, not all psus are equal. Good quality units are peace of mind for all of your expensive hardware - don't go cheap(crappy) on the part that makes your computer run.
-Bruce

StevieJB

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012

I was just thinking of corsair because I know they're reliable, but as you offered, what would be your recommendations, much appreciated.