Nokia 6230 and MMC card in Nokia Data Suite

Hi there

I have a 6230 with the standard 32MB card that comes with the phone. The
card works fine in the phone, has files on it, can save things on it etc,
however when I connect the phone with the data cable and try to transfer
files using Nokia data suite, version 6 something, the gallery will not
open, just says "this operation has failed".

If I take out the MMC card this it works fine. Is there anything I can do
to get Nokia data suite to work with the MMC card in?

Cheers
5 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6230 card nokia data suite

    "Andrew McBay" <amcbay@omneuk.com> wrote in message
    > Hi there
    >
    > I have a 6230 with the standard 32MB card that comes with the phone. The
    > card works fine in the phone, has files on it, can save things on it etc,
    > however when I connect the phone with the data cable and try to transfer
    > files using Nokia data suite, version 6 something, the gallery will not
    > open, just says "this operation has failed".
    >
    > If I take out the MMC card this it works fine. Is there anything I can do
    > to get Nokia data suite to work with the MMC card in?
    >
    > Cheers

    Have you tried renaming the card (via the phones menus)

    Until you do this, you will have problems accessing MMC via PC Suite.

    ChrisM.

    "ChrisM" <chris_mayers_blue@Suede.Yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > "Andrew McBay" <amcbay@omneuk.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi there
    >>
    >> I have a 6230 with the standard 32MB card that comes with the phone. The
    >> card works fine in the phone, has files on it, can save things on it etc,
    >> however when I connect the phone with the data cable and try to transfer
    >> files using Nokia data suite, version 6 something, the gallery will not
    >> open, just says "this operation has failed".
    >>
    >> If I take out the MMC card this it works fine. Is there anything I can
    >> do
    >> to get Nokia data suite to work with the MMC card in?
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>

    > Have you tried renaming the card (via the phones menus)
    >
    > Until you do this, you will have problems accessing MMC via PC Suite.

    I have had this problem "operation could not be completed" but renming the
    card made no difference.

    "Mike Williams" <mikew@Nospam.nospamever.org> wrote in message

    > "ChrisM" <chris_mayers_blue@Suede.Yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > "Andrew McBay" <amcbay@omneuk.com> wrote in message
    > >> Hi there
    > >>
    > >> I have a 6230 with the standard 32MB card that comes with the phone.
    The
    > >> card works fine in the phone, has files on it, can save things on it
    etc,
    > >> however when I connect the phone with the data cable and try to
    transfer
    > >> files using Nokia data suite, version 6 something, the gallery will not
    > >> open, just says "this operation has failed".
    > >>
    > >> If I take out the MMC card this it works fine. Is there anything I can
    > >> do
    > >> to get Nokia data suite to work with the MMC card in?
    > >>
    > >> Cheers
    > >>

    > > Have you tried renaming the card (via the phones menus)
    > >
    > > Until you do this, you will have problems accessing MMC via PC Suite.
    > >

    > I have had this problem "operation could not be completed" but renming the
    > card made no difference.

    I found that I had to rename the MMC, remove the battery, reinsert it then
    everything worked great.

    Try connecting with Bluetooth seems to work for me
    "Andrew McBay" <amcbay@omneuk.com> wrote in message
    > Hi there
    >
    > I have a 6230 with the standard 32MB card that comes with the phone. The
    > card works fine in the phone, has files on it, can save things on it etc,
    > however when I connect the phone with the data cable and try to transfer
    > files using Nokia data suite, version 6 something, the gallery will not
    > open, just says "this operation has failed".
    >
    > If I take out the MMC card this it works fine. Is there anything I can do
    > to get Nokia data suite to work with the MMC card in?
    >
    > Cheers

    thanks

    renaming the card did the trick

    "ChrisM" <chris_mayers_blue@Suede.Yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > "Andrew McBay" <amcbay@omneuk.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi there
    >>
    >> I have a 6230 with the standard 32MB card that comes with the phone. The
    >> card works fine in the phone, has files on it, can save things on it etc,
    >> however when I connect the phone with the data cable and try to transfer
    >> files using Nokia data suite, version 6 something, the gallery will not
    >> open, just says "this operation has failed".
    >>
    >> If I take out the MMC card this it works fine. Is there anything I can
    >> do
    >> to get Nokia data suite to work with the MMC card in?
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>

    > Have you tried renaming the card (via the phones menus)
    >
    > Until you do this, you will have problems accessing MMC via PC Suite.
    >
    > ChrisM.

Nokia Phones