how can i make my own icons from jpegs of bmp files?

Hi eza,

I wanted to do this to put an icon in my IE address bar. It has not yet
worked, but that is beside the point (well, at least for you).

I suggest you download the free IrfanView from www.irfanview.com.

You then open your jpeg file with IrfanView and you can save in a variety of
formats including ICO.

--
Cheers,
Trevor L.

eza wrote:
> how can i make my own icons from jpegs of bmp files?

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

Just a heads up here... speaking in general terms without any knowledge of
the specific software Trevor mentioned, you should be aware that free icon
editors have been known to include spyware.

"Trevor L." wrote:

> Hi eza,
>
> I wanted to do this to put an icon in my IE address bar. It has not yet
> worked, but that is beside the point (well, at least for you).
>
> I suggest you download the free IrfanView from www.irfanview.com.
>
> You then open your jpeg file with IrfanView and you can save in a variety of
> formats including ICO.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Trevor L.
> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au
>
> eza wrote:
> > how can i make my own icons from jpegs of bmp files?
>

> I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?
> http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

Thanks, CurtB

IrfanView is a well known and well recommended piece of software. Many of
the pros who are regulars to this NG have mentioned it and I have used for
quite a while without problems

Thanks again for your concern
--

CurtB wrote:
> Just a heads up here... speaking in general terms without any
> knowledge of the specific software Trevor mentioned, you should be
> aware that free icon editors have been known to include spyware.
>
> "Trevor L." wrote:
>
>> Hi eza,
>>
>> I wanted to do this to put an icon in my IE address bar. It has not
>> yet worked, but that is beside the point (well, at least for you).
>>
>> I suggest you download the free IrfanView from www.irfanview.com.
>>
>> You then open your jpeg file with IrfanView and you can save in a
>> variety of formats including ICO.
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Trevor L.
>> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au
>>
>> eza wrote:
>>> how can i make my own icons from jpegs of bmp files?
>>

>> I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?
>> http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

Trevor, That's good to know. I might use it some time. Thanks.