Sign in with
Your question

UPS Backup system

Last response: in Components
December 20, 2012 6:39:50 AM

Hello,
I'v read around and I have been looking at ups's made by APC mostly but I wanted to ask the community how much wattage does the UPS need to have. My desktop's PSU is a 575 Watt one and I would be hooking up my monitor which is a LED 24 inch . Would a 450 Watt UPC be enough and if so could you guys recommend some??Anything below 150 is okay.

Thanks.

More about : ups backup system

a c 139 ) Power supply
December 20, 2012 8:26:27 AM

It's very likely that 450W would suffice (at least enough time for a proper OS shut down). What processor and graphics card (if any) do you have installed? Is your monitor's wattage greater than 90W? How many VA's for the UPS? That would give me an indication for about how long your power should last.
m
l
a c 1204 ) Power supply
December 20, 2012 7:59:44 PM

What is the brand and model number of your 575W power supply unit?

Some PSUs don't function properly with a UPS that doesn't output a pure sine wave when operating on battery power.
m
l
Related resources
December 22, 2012 7:55:20 PM

IT is a Thermaltake Toughpower 575 Watt XT
m
l
December 22, 2012 7:56:22 PM

C12Friedman said:
It's very likely that 450W would suffice (at least enough time for a proper OS shut down). What processor and graphics card (if any) do you have installed? Is your monitor's wattage greater than 90W? How many VA's for the UPS? That would give me an indication for about how long your power should last.

Im still not adequately informed about VA and V and VAC and such so that is why I was asking what is a good reliable UPS system you guys would reccommend based on my needs. It is actually a 24inch tv being used as a monitor.
m
l
!