Canon AC Adapter Failure?

Tags:
Last response: in Digital Camera
August 28, 2005 3:21:43 AM

I wonder if any of you have experienced this. The ACK-E2 AC adapter
that I use on my 20D (also for 10D and Digital Rebel) stops working
after a couple of hours.

When it is first plugged in the camera's charge indicator shows full
charge, as it always ought to when the adapter is in use. After a
couple of hours the charge indicator shows an exhausted "battery"
and the camera won't function. Removing the AC adapter and installing a
battery restores normal operation.

The AC adapter shows no sign of heating--it isn't even warm to the
touch. After it is unplugged for an hour or so, it works again.

If you know of a solution I would be pleased to hear of it.

Thanks.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com

More about : canon adapter failure

Anonymous
August 28, 2005 3:10:52 PM

> The AC adapter shows no sign of heating--it isn't even warm to the
> touch. After it is unplugged for an hour or so, it works again.
>
> If you know of a solution I would be pleased to hear of it.

If it's it not under guarantee anymore I'd get yourself a new charger. It's
the cheapest way to start. Don't buy canon's own. You's need to take out a
2nd mortgage.

http://www.interbatteries.co.uk/index.php/cPath/286_457

I also got a second BA -511 battery frmm there.

I've just ordered a 20D with a 17-85 USM lens. £1272. Now I'll have 3
batteries. Whoopee. Upgrading from a canon G2.

How does the 20d perform when you shoot at 3200 iso 1/8000 second?

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/index.cfm?photo/digicam...

Luke Vader.
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 3:12:25 PM

Davoud:
> > The ACK-E2 AC adapter that I use on my 20D (also for
> > 10D and Digital Rebel) stops working after a couple of hours.

Luke Vader:
> If it's it not under guarantee anymore I'd get yourself a new charger. It's
> the cheapest way to start. Don't buy canon's own. You's need to take out a
> 2nd mortgage.
> http://www.interbatteries.co.uk....

Kind of you to take time to reply and all that, but it's not the
battery charger that's failing. It's the ACK-E2 AC adapter.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
!