Sign in with
Your question

Need help with new build

Last response: in Systems
August 5, 2012 7:38:22 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm having problems with my new build, I have put together everything with no problems, did a test boot to check the parts and I have installed windows 7 no problems. The problems come when I install the graphics card drivers, once their installed and I reboot that's when the PC becomes unusable.

The PC freezes when I try and click on things and the screen intermittently goes black then comes back on, I also get an error message in the system tray that my and display drivers have failed but recovered which keeps appearing. At One point I did get the dreaded BSOD, but I when I boot back up in safe mode and roll back the graphics drivers installed the system works fine but with no drivers for my GPU drivers my screen resolution isn't great of course but works perfectly fine.

Heres my system spec:

AMD radeon Gigabyte 7850 HD oc edition graphics card

AMD 8150 FX 8 core CPU

OCZ stream pro 700 watt PSU

G-skill 2 4gb sticks of ram

Asus M5 A99X evo motherboard

I really need help with this as I can't use my system properly, I'm not sure if I have some dodgy parts or I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.

More about : build

a b B Homebuilt system
August 5, 2012 9:22:43 PM

Are you using the video card cd or downloading the drivers off the amd website?
August 6, 2012 6:21:09 AM

I have tried a few, I have downloaded the drivers directly from AMD, I have also tried the ones from gigabyte and I have tried the drivers on the cd provided. All have the exact same problem when using them all.

I'm starting to think it may not be the drivers as if none of these work then it may be my GPU.
August 7, 2012 2:40:18 PM

I've tried everything I can now, should I just send the GPU back and replace it as I am thinking the graphics card is a bit iffy?
!