flamenader

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
I recently bought a new Radeon HD6950. I never had a card before this just integrated graphics. Do i have to get rid of those graphics drivers in order to use the new card? Or can i just leave them and install the drivers for the new card.

Thanks

Solution
There's no reason you couldn't leave the integrated graphics installed. There is no need to get rid of them.

If you wanted to uninstall the drivers for them, that's OK too. It really shouldn't make much difference. In fact, if you did uninstall them, I'm pretty sure Windows would reinstall them when your computer reboots unless you've disabled them in the BIOS.

But no, you do not have to uninstall them. It's probably less of a headache to leave them installed.

bavarians6

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
There's no reason you couldn't leave the integrated graphics installed. There is no need to get rid of them.

If you wanted to uninstall the drivers for them, that's OK too. It really shouldn't make much difference. In fact, if you did uninstall them, I'm pretty sure Windows would reinstall them when your computer reboots unless you've disabled them in the BIOS.

But no, you do not have to uninstall them. It's probably less of a headache to leave them installed.

Solution