Sign in with
Your question

Geforce GT610 Fan Control

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 15, 2012 4:10:42 AM

Hi,
I just bought a GT 210 only to find out it has no fan control...did not really do my research as I did not expect such a feature to be absent. I want to return it and get a GT 610 instead, but I cannot find anywhere online if it has fan speed control, because the noise is very annoying. If anybody knows whether the GT 610 has fan speed control or not please let me know. Thanks!
a c 203 U Graphics card
June 15, 2012 4:26:53 AM

blackhawk1928 said:
Hi,
I just bought a GT 210 only to find out it has no fan control...did not really do my research as I did not expect such a feature to be absent. I want to return it and get a GT 610 instead, but I cannot find anywhere online if it has fan speed control, because the noise is very annoying. If anybody knows whether the GT 610 has fan speed control or not please let me know. Thanks!

all nvidia cards have two fan controls..one is in the firmware of the video card. all nvidia cards will spin up to max fan speeds at post and then after one min should spin down to a preset fan speed. on my older 210 is was set at 20 percent..my newer 550ti is 41 percent..the newer card fan is a lot quieter and the card runs cooler. the second fan control is in software by third party (msi afterburner.) where you can set a fan profile up. I would use msi to check that the fan is fine and the noise lev of the card not going to bother you. the 210 is a hot running card..normal temp is 50c for that card.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/plushdragon/gpuz...
m
l
June 15, 2012 5:08:41 AM

I've tried afterburner, Nvidia control panel...etc. Nothing works. Even in GPU-Z it doesn't even show your fan speed let alone let you to control it. Online, i've seen threads where people say they cannot control fan speeds on this card because it has no module for it. I can upload you screen shots if you want...

If this card really doesn't have control, which it looks like then I hope the 610 does. I just want a reasonable/cheap card for adding extra monitors. This card is just obnoxiously loud. I purposely got a case a while ago with very large fans so it would be as quiet as possible so this card cannot ruin that.
m
l
Related resources
a c 203 U Graphics card
June 15, 2012 5:49:28 AM

i had the gt250 that the card above yours..msi should work on your card..it be the fan speed setting on the bottom left panel. msi will have it set to auto (green). it should be set between 20-30 percent if the card and video drivers are working right.
to change the fan speed in msi you unclick the green auto button the nset the fan speed up from 0-100 percent. also as i posted the newer gpu will run cooler..if you want cheap and cool look at the newer low end ati cards. the 7000 chips you a lot less power then nvidia does.
m
l
June 15, 2012 6:25:50 AM

Nope, MSI won't let me. Nothing is letting me. Usually CPUID HWMonitor will show you fan speed % for GPU's...not the 210 for me.

Since its not working, I'll return it and get a GT 610...assuming THAT card will work. Can you firm a GT 610 has a fan speed modulation for sure? Perhaps Nvidia takes off that feature for low-end cards.
m
l
a c 198 U Graphics card
June 15, 2012 7:14:18 AM

Why is it that you have a 610 paired with your GTX460 anyway? Just for display purposes? It would be worthless as a Physx card.
m
l
June 15, 2012 5:16:31 PM

Yeah its just for display purposes.
m
l
a c 198 U Graphics card
June 15, 2012 7:13:05 PM

blackhawk1928 said:
Yeah its just for display purposes.

Ah that makes sense. I was a bit worried because I thought you were going to try to run PhysX there for a sec. lol
m
l
June 25, 2012 11:21:00 PM

Chris70, thank you very much. That is actually perfect and may very well be what I buy!
m
l
!