Misjump into Witchspace

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote in news:42d42ef5$0$23961
$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl:

> I just died in trying to complete a quest in Dun Morogh and got
> auto-resurected in Tarren Mill! (complete with equipment damage). As a
> level 8 gnome I strolled out of the cave there and got killed in one
> single blow by a tiger there.
>
> Then I went back and resurected in the cave where I met a level 11
> warrior who asked me if I also died at frostmane caves (which I did). I
> just added him to my friends lists because I don't think anyone will
> believe my story otherwise.
>
> I would have soul stoned back to Kharanos, but I logged out instead but
> I can't log in now (which is why I am reading some newsgroups now).
> Probably something with the server. I'll try again later.
>
> I did see some other low level pl there. It was kind of cool :)
> [Argent Dawn (RP) server in Europe]

This is a known bug and has been going on for several weeks now that I
know of. If you die in Frostmane caves, you come back with full health
outside the alterac valley battleground. When you enter the frostmane
caves, you'll notice the zone you enter is not frostmane caves.

I reported this a couple weeks ago and was told by the GM that it's a
known bug.

Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:

> I just died in trying to complete a quest in Dun Morogh and got
> auto-resurected in Tarren Mill! (complete with equipment damage). As a
> level 8 gnome I strolled out of the cave there and got killed in one
> single blow by a tiger there.
>
> Then I went back and resurected in the cave where I met a level 11
> warrior who asked me if I also died at frostmane caves (which I did). I
> just added him to my friends lists because I don't think anyone will
> believe my story otherwise.

It's happened to me too, so I believe you. :^)

--
Regards,
J.D. Spangler

Same thing happened to my girlfriend. One minute her dwarf hunter is
dying in Frostmane, next thing he's outside the shimmering entrance to
the Alterac Battlegrounds. A few way high level Elves are standing
there. I seize the moment and jump at the chance at some humor and so
type on her machine "WTF am I doing here???" One of the Elves says
"Good question. :)"

alex

"Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote in message

> I just died in trying to complete a quest in Dun Morogh and got
> auto-resurected in Tarren Mill! (complete with equipment damage). As a
> level 8 gnome I strolled out of the cave there and got killed in one
> single blow by a tiger there.
>
> Then I went back and resurected in the cave where I met a level 11
> warrior who asked me if I also died at frostmane caves (which I did). I
> just added him to my friends lists because I don't think anyone will
> believe my story otherwise.
>
> I would have soul stoned back to Kharanos, but I logged out instead but
> I can't log in now (which is why I am reading some newsgroups now).
> Probably something with the server. I'll try again later.
>
> I did see some other low level pl there. It was kind of cool :)
> [Argent Dawn (RP) server in Europe]
> Thomas

The important question: What lvl are the Thargoids, and did they drop any
Alien artifacts?!?!

Eric schreef:
> "Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote in news:42d42ef5$0$23961
> $e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl:
>
>>I just died in trying to complete a quest in Dun Morogh and got
>>auto-resurected in Tarren Mill! (complete with equipment damage). As a
>>level 8 gnome I strolled out of the cave there and got killed in one
>>single blow by a tiger there.
>>
>>Then I went back and resurected in the cave where I met a level 11
>>warrior who asked me if I also died at frostmane caves (which I did). I
>>just added him to my friends lists because I don't think anyone will
>>believe my story otherwise.
>>
>>I would have soul stoned back to Kharanos, but I logged out instead but
>>I can't log in now (which is why I am reading some newsgroups now).
>>Probably something with the server. I'll try again later.
>>
>>I did see some other low level pl there. It was kind of cool :)
>>[Argent Dawn (RP) server in Europe]
>

> This is a known bug and has been going on for several weeks now that I
> know of. If you die in Frostmane caves, you come back with full health
> outside the alterac valley battleground. When you enter the frostmane
> caves, you'll notice the zone you enter is not frostmane caves.
>
> I reported this a couple weeks ago and was told by the GM that it's a
> known bug.

A well, at least I got some experience from discovering a new area :))

I am curious about the quest there though! It seemed heavily guarded by
the Alliance NPCs.

hmm, <fires up Opera>. Yes, this
<http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/images/battlegrounds/ss05.jpg> is
where I was!

Thanks to the both of you,
Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR

Alex schreef:
> "Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote in message
>
>>I just died in trying to complete a quest in Dun Morogh and got
>>auto-resurected in Tarren Mill! (complete with equipment damage). As a
>>level 8 gnome I strolled out of the cave there and got killed in one
>>single blow by a tiger there.
>>
>>Then I went back and resurected in the cave where I met a level 11
>>warrior who asked me if I also died at frostmane caves (which I did). I
>>just added him to my friends lists because I don't think anyone will
>>believe my story otherwise.
>>
>>I would have soul stoned back to Kharanos, but I logged out instead but
>>I can't log in now (which is why I am reading some newsgroups now).
>>Probably something with the server. I'll try again later.
>>
>>I did see some other low level pl there. It was kind of cool :)
>>[Argent Dawn (RP) server in Europe]
>>Thomas
>

> The important question: What lvl are the Thargoids, and did they drop any
> Alien artifacts?!?!

Here is a list of all ingame items
http://www.siroccostation.com/equipment.html, including the Thargoid
laser! You have to get the quest first of course, and it is one of the
last quests you can do in the game. My l9 warlock is nowhere near ready
to take on this quest! (you also need loads of fuel potions I am told).

You can sell anything the Thargoids drop for big bucks to a NPC. But
maybe it is beter to get an enchanter to get potent potions out of it
instead!

hth,
Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR

nazgul

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2002

Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote:

>> The important question: What lvl are the Thargoids, and did they drop any
>> Alien artifacts?!?!

> Here is a list of all ingame items
> http://www.siroccostation.com/equipment.html, including the Thargoid
> laser! You have to get the quest first of course, and it is one of the
> last quests you can do in the game. My l9 warlock is nowhere near ready
> to take on this quest! (you also need loads of fuel potions I am told).

> You can sell anything the Thargoids drop for big bucks to a NPC. But
> maybe it is beter to get an enchanter to get potent potions out of it
> instead!

Heard you can get an epic mount there, which is much better than
normal epic mounts you can buy. Is it true?
Uses lots of military potions IIRC. But no one can beat you
while you're running on it.
Perfect for ganking on PvP servers.

--
Nazgul, via terminal

On 12 Jul 2005 15:24:39 -0700, "J.D. Spangler" <ayrsayle@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
>>
>> I just died in trying to complete a quest in Dun Morogh and got
>> auto-resurected in Tarren Mill! (complete with equipment damage). As a
>> level 8 gnome I strolled out of the cave there and got killed in one
>> single blow by a tiger there.
>>
>> Then I went back and resurected in the cave where I met a level 11
>> warrior who asked me if I also died at frostmane caves (which I did). I
>> just added him to my friends lists because I don't think anyone will
>> believe my story otherwise.
>
>It's happened to me too, so I believe you. :^)

I just love the Elite reference, nice one fella, I wish Tarren Mill
got over-run by thargoids, undead gits.

Nazgul schreef:
> Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote:
>
>>>The important question: What lvl are the Thargoids, and did they drop any
>>>Alien artifacts?!?!
>

>>Here is a list of all ingame items
>>http://www.siroccostation.com/equipment.html, including the Thargoid
>>laser! You have to get the quest first of course, and it is one of the
>>last quests you can do in the game. My l9 warlock is nowhere near ready
>>to take on this quest! (you also need loads of fuel potions I am told).
>

>>You can sell anything the Thargoids drop for big bucks to a NPC. But
>>maybe it is beter to get an enchanter to get potent potions out of it
>>instead!
>

> Heard you can get an epic mount there, which is much better than
> normal epic mounts you can buy. Is it true?
> Uses lots of military potions IIRC. But no one can beat you
> while you're running on it.
> Perfect for ganking on PvP servers.

It is pretty good (for its size). Even Tauren can ride it!
<http://www.siroccostation.com/twarship.html>. It is one of the hardest
quests to complete though.. I always sticked to my Viper Mk II mount :)

Thomas
--

Robert S. schreef:
> Same thing happened to my girlfriend. One minute her dwarf hunter is
> dying in Frostmane, next thing he's outside the shimmering entrance to
> the Alterac Battlegrounds. A few way high level Elves are standing
> there. I seize the moment and jump at the chance at some humor and so
> type on her machine "WTF am I doing here???" One of the Elves says
> "Good question. :)"

Has anyone confirmed if the bug does still exist in the 1.6 patch? I
think I am ready for some dying there right now but it would be nice if
I found a party to die with ;-p

Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR