tehcurry

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011
Hello--

I've just recently rebuilt my machine with a new motherboard. On my last MoBo, I had no issues running Eyefinity across my three monitors. However, even with a fresh install and the latest drivers, I can't seem to play more than a minute or two without the game locking. The same games play flawlessly in single monitor mode.

My setup:
Asus M5A97
AMD FX-8120 125w 3.1ghz
HIS 7970 stock settings, 12.4 driver
GSkill Ripjaw 1066 8gb DDR3
Hitachi 2TB internal
One Samsung Syncmaster PX2370
Two AOC e2243Fwk
Win7 Pro x64

The last mobo I had was a Biostar A880gz--it had severe issues with USB ports and I ended up just scrapping it in lieu of the Asus board. After replacing the physical hardware, I did a complete wipe and re-install of Windows 7 Pro x64.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-TehCurry

UPDATE:
Still no luck, but I did finally catch an error message.
"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered."

One of the new beta CCC 12.6 fixes is the sudden freeze and BSOD when using Eyefinty, but your problem is the "Driver stopped....".

This may a simple problem and you'll get past it easily, Install the latest WinInstaller, .NetFrameWork, C++ from Microsoft website.

Then Express uninstall all your AMD drivers and install the latest CCC 12.6 Beta.

tehcurry

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011

Hey ilysaml--

I did everything recommended and now it works--Left 4 Dead 2 still froze up in one instance, but I was running it absolutely maxed out across all three monitors rather than recommended (or rational) settings. It also won't work if I try and do anything to overclock it--I'm not convinced it's a driver failure at that point though, or if it's just a cheap (so to speak) card.

12.6 allows me to play the games--I prefer performance over appearance, so I'm happy. I play on acceptable settings and get 50-60 FPS.

Thank you for your help.

-TehCurry