cause the taskbar to *DELAY* before it pops up when in Aut..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I've searched and searched and can't find whether this is possible, so I
thought I would toss it out here...

I like to set the TaskBar to AutoHide it. However, occasionally I swing
the mouse pointer near the edge of the screen to do something else, and
the TaskBar comes out of hiding "accidentally". Then I have to move
away to hide it, and try again. This can be annoying.

What I was wondering if there was some Registry value I could tweak (or some
program I can use ) to
cause the taskbar to *DELAY* before it pops up when in AutoHide mode.
That is, I would only like the TaskBar to come out of hiding when I
hover the cursor at the edge of the screen for a second or two, not
immediately.

I already know about the TweakUI setting which controls menu pop-up
speed. I have that set, but it doesn't give me what I am looking for
here. Any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about cause taskbar delay pops
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    I found a utility called "taskbar activate" that does this with the main
    taskbar,
    and partly for secondary bars,but I wanted it mostly for a secondary toolbar
    on the top of the screen without having the effect on the main taskbar.

    Just added this for people googling

    Kenny

    "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    > I've searched and searched and can't find whether this is possible, so I
    > thought I would toss it out here...
    >
    > I like to set the TaskBar to AutoHide it. However, occasionally I swing
    > the mouse pointer near the edge of the screen to do something else, and
    > the TaskBar comes out of hiding "accidentally". Then I have to move
    > away to hide it, and try again. This can be annoying.
    >
    > What I was wondering if there was some Registry value I could tweak (or
    > some program I can use ) to
    > cause the taskbar to *DELAY* before it pops up when in AutoHide mode.
    > That is, I would only like the TaskBar to come out of hiding when I
    > hover the cursor at the edge of the screen for a second or two, not
    > immediately.
    >
    > I already know about the TweakUI setting which controls menu pop-up
    > speed. I have that set, but it doesn't give me what I am looking for
    > here. Any ideas?

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    See line 190 (right hand side):

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    > I've searched and searched and can't find whether this is possible, so I
    > thought I would toss it out here...
    >
    > I like to set the TaskBar to AutoHide it. However, occasionally I swing
    > the mouse pointer near the edge of the screen to do something else, and
    > the TaskBar comes out of hiding "accidentally". Then I have to move
    > away to hide it, and try again. This can be annoying.
    >
    > What I was wondering if there was some Registry value I could tweak (or
    > some program I can use ) to
    > cause the taskbar to *DELAY* before it pops up when in AutoHide mode.
    > That is, I would only like the TaskBar to come out of hiding when I
    > hover the cursor at the edge of the screen for a second or two, not
    > immediately.
    >
    > I already know about the TweakUI setting which controls menu pop-up
    > speed. I have that set, but it doesn't give me what I am looking for
    > here. Any ideas?

Configuration Taskbar Microsoft Windows XP