cause the taskbar to *DELAY* before it pops up when in Aut..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I've searched and searched and can't find whether this is possible, so I
thought I would toss it out here...

I like to set the TaskBar to AutoHide it. However, occasionally I swing
the mouse pointer near the edge of the screen to do something else, and
the TaskBar comes out of hiding "accidentally". Then I have to move
away to hide it, and try again. This can be annoying.

What I was wondering if there was some Registry value I could tweak (or some
program I can use ) to
cause the taskbar to *DELAY* before it pops up when in AutoHide mode.
That is, I would only like the TaskBar to come out of hiding when I
hover the cursor at the edge of the screen for a second or two, not
immediately.

I already know about the TweakUI setting which controls menu pop-up
speed. I have that set, but it doesn't give me what I am looking for
here. Any ideas?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I found a utility called "taskbar activate" that does this with the main
taskbar,
and partly for secondary bars,but I wanted it mostly for a secondary toolbar
on the top of the screen without having the effect on the main taskbar.

Just added this for people googling

Kenny

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> I've searched and searched and can't find whether this is possible, so I
> thought I would toss it out here...
>
> I like to set the TaskBar to AutoHide it. However, occasionally I swing
> the mouse pointer near the edge of the screen to do something else, and
> the TaskBar comes out of hiding "accidentally". Then I have to move
> away to hide it, and try again. This can be annoying.
>
> What I was wondering if there was some Registry value I could tweak (or
> some program I can use ) to
> cause the taskbar to *DELAY* before it pops up when in AutoHide mode.
> That is, I would only like the TaskBar to come out of hiding when I
> hover the cursor at the edge of the screen for a second or two, not
> immediately.
>
> I already know about the TweakUI setting which controls menu pop-up
> speed. I have that set, but it doesn't give me what I am looking for
> here. Any ideas?

kelly

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

See line 190 (right hand side):

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP