Pc Part compatibility check

xfox922

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
[Approximate Purchase Date]:This month
[Budget Range]:$1200 [Usage]:Gaming [Are you buying a monitor]:No [Do you need to buy OS]:Yes [Location]: Dallas,TX [Overclocking]:No [SLI or Crossfire]:No [Your Monitor Resolution]:1920x1080

I would like to know if these parts are compatible with eachother and if they are good for a gaming pc.

Processor:Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
Graphics:Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2 GB DDR5
MotherboardASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77
Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Harddrive:Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Case:Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX
Power Supply:Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.
Cd drive:LITE-ON DVD Burner

xfox922

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
Are Rosewill products good because I read that they are subpar for most of their products.

Like most PSU brands, including Antec, Rosewill does not make PSUs. The maker of that particular PSU is ATNG, a manufacturer that makes PSUs for a few other companies. The 620W version of that PSU got an excellent review at a major hardware site that tested it rigorously. As it is the same design we expect it to behave the same or better, and time has supported this assumption as the PSU has been out for quite some time and recommended for some time.

It IS a budget PSU and if you want something better that is certainly possible. There are a number of gold rated modular PSUs I could recommend, but of course they will cost you more.

xfox922

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
Ok I was unaware of that I thought they were made by Rosewill,Antec etc. but they're only distributed by them?

The level of involvement varies. Antec engineers probably have more input into designs than Rosewill. This is why we don't really rely on brand names when recommending power supplies. We rely on reviews that are done by competent reviewers with proper equipment.

Antec in the past has sold some bad PSUs. It's been a while, but that doesn't mean we always give them a pass. A few of their low end PSUs might still be questionable.

Corsair has a pretty good record, but the original CX PSUs were not great. The V2 CX PSUs are decent. XFX has done a good job of picking the right PSUs to sell, so far.

OCZ actually does OK. They tend to select PSUs to sell that cost less and have a higher failure rate... that is the company philosophy in all divisions also. But, they are not bad PSUs for the most part.

If there is one company you can rely on it's Seasonic. They make the PSUs that many of the top brands sell and they also sell their own.