What to do? (SLI 680's)

kemperkipie

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Hi,

I currently have 1x Gainward Phantom GTX 680 4GB.
And I want to upgrade it to SLI for weeks now.. But they never get in stock. However, the Palit Jetstream GTX 680 4GB is good in stock atm.
I arranged something with my brother, so he's willing to buy the Gainward Phantom GTX 680 4GB from me, for same price as a Palit, so i can buy 2x Palit Jetstream GTX 680 4GB.

I really like how the Palit Jetstream looks, and prefer this card. But people tell me the GTX 680 Phantom had much better cooling and is more silent.. Is it worth actually waiting ages for the Phantom to get back in stock. Or should i get 2 Jetstreams?

kemperkipie

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Yes, I can play most games now. But i'm going to upgrade to SLI anyway. Planned it this way, and going to do it this way.

I only want to know if it is worth waiting for the GTX 680 Phantom 4GB.. Or could I buy 2x GTX680 Jetstream 4GB..

There is no difference in price. If i buy the jetstreams, i can sell the 1 phantom to my brother for same price as a new one.

I prefer the Jestreams looks.. because of the gold thing with LED's etc.. But some people say the Phantom cools better.. and cooling is priority #1 on this cards..

So is it worth waiting for Phantoms, or not?

kemperkipie

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Sweet,
Think i'm ordering them today. Wanted to order them last week, but somehow IDeal failed to pay.. But it was in the evening, so coudnt contact them. Next day they were out of stock, but they did recieve the money.. I asked them to return it, but they still didnt refund it. So I think i can still let them just send them, they seem to have 20> in stock atm.. (but still I don't really trust their stock viewer system)