Power supply hums then stops

fancyursa

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
Hello,
As the title says, my power supply has been humming. Its not a constant hum, but instead it hums when I turn on my computer and goes away after its been on for a minute or 2. I am using a Diablotek DA Series PSDA600 600W ATX12V v2.2 Power Supply after my old one crapped out on me and I was short on money. Could it just be this brand (I'm assuming because of the price it's not the best) of PSU, or is there something to worry about. Thanks for any help in advance!

your power supply will give up on you soon. on my old power supply the fan would stop spinning and I had to push it with my finger for it to start spinning...worked for another 2 months and I needed another one as my computer would not turn on. When buying power supplies dont cheap out because you will pay with the quality, pick big name manufacturer power supplies such as Cooler Master, XFX, Corsair, Silverstone, Asus as they offer good warranty on them

groundrat

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2012
Put a fork in it and buy another one... not a Diabotech. A new PS. It had a three year warranty if you want to play with the company. But the reviews of this supply are 39% five star and 33% one star.

I'd go with an Antec, Corsair, Thermaltake, Seasonic, Coolermaster or Rosewill.

Good news is that you bought a single rail supply, so 90% probability you didn't damage your MB or components.

You should spend at least $50 US and get a Single rail 80+ Bronze supply at a minimum and use an UPS to protect it.

D

Deleted member 217926

Big fat negative on anything from Coolermaster or Thermaltake. Both have more bad models than good. If you want quality stick with Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silverstone, Enermax, OCZ, Antec or the higher efficiency Rosewill models.

fancyursa

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
thanks for the answers guys. Yea i had a corsair before this one but it died and i was short on cash so i just bought this one so i could get my computer to even power on again. maybe i'll see what kind of deals i can get on a new psu here in the next couple days and just upgrade