thebeetrootman

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011
Hey, this is my first post on here.

I want to build my first rig soon and I've decided that building my own would be better because I have more choice than a pre built one and it's cheaper than a custom built one. I would use the PC mainly for internet, streaming media, music, pictures, Word. Also some light video editing and some web design, only basic stuff. For my homework or coursework. Word processing etc. Some gaming such as Minecraft and I'd like it to run that at 30FPS minimum on far. And maybe some other games if I decide to stray from Console.

A big thing for me is cost- My budget is probably around the 400-450 mark and 500 being the absolute top. So nothing too fancy. Another big element is that my PC needs to be future proof to a certain degree. So a good processor is needed (I'd prefer AMD as they are cheaper so a Phenom X4 or an Intel i3 or an Intel i5 2400 maximum). A decent graphics card (£80-100 mark). I don't need a massive hard drive, 500GB is more than enough. RAM 4GB minimum. I would plan to be upgrading parts as I go along, the graphics card and RAM.

Any advice on parts, even a list would be greatly appreciated. I don't need a mouse or keyboard and I plan on using a spare TV as my monitor but you can give more some nice monitors 19"-22" either in the budget or out.

For software I don't need a office 'cus I'll use Open Office or I think I have a copy of MCO 2010.

Thanks in advance (Ha, that rhymed)! :D :D :D :D

thebeetrootman

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011

Approximate Purchase Date: Not anytime soon earliest possible date is january 2013

Budget Range: 400-500 GBP

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Multimedia/Gaming

Parts Not Needed: Keyboard + Mouse, Monitor (I have a TV I can use but you could include one in the price)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon.co.uk, Ebuyer.com, Novatech.com

Parts Preferences: If there is a Mobo that supports AMD and Intel that would be great but either is fine- AMD is cheaper so maybe that is a better option

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: I have no Idea ATM

Additional Comments: I don't really mind about the case, I Just want good airflow for the components. I don't really care about the noise, like fans as long as they aren't too loud. Definitely don't need a silent PC, but the quieter the better as long as I stay in budget and the components stay cool.

Oh and If you can find Windows 7 at a good price I will consider it- but I do have a copy of Windows XP that is bearable to use but Windows 7 is highly recommended in my wish list, It's just so damn expensive.