Maximum screen resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

laqa

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Hello, in device manager i read my display adapter is Intel (R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family. I went to Intel site and I read there maximum screen resolution depends on several factors. I intend to buy a 32 inch TV/monitor, and TV specs say maximum resolution is 1920X1200. Will my adapter cope with the new monitor?

Thanks, Luis.

im running windows xp but i dont think that is still the same on other operating systems

go to the my computer/computer icon
look down to the bottom of the page to find out the hardware specs. you may need to full size the window (windows 7)

for xp

go to my computer icon on the desktop
right click and access properties
you should be able to find the specs for the computer under the general tab

What is your current monitor? Does it support over 1360x768? If it doesn't, there's your answer why you cannot set it higher. And no, there's no way you'd need to upgrade your CPU. Most you would need to do is buy a new cable if your current isn't good enough.

Which cable are you using?

laqa

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Monitor is full HD, connected through HDMI cable. Monitor does not have DVI input, just VGA and HDMI. I am using two monitors, one is not full HD.

Thanks,

Luis.

laqa

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
I am running both monitors from the 210, 24 inch through VGA and 32 inch through HDMI, I tried to unplug 24 inch but could not get 1920 X 1080 from 32 inch full HD alone
Thanks,
Luis.

Status
Not open for further replies.