Antec B550W PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

slow_DC4

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
I've decided to add a graphics card into my prebuilt computer.

Current specs are:
i5-2320
4x 4gb Corsair Vengeance
2TB Seagate Barracuda

The graphics card that I picked up is the EVGA 560ti.

I'm looking at getting the Antec BP550.

I was wondering if its a good psu that will last, or if I should look elsewhere.

I only plan on using one card.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
For a system using a single GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps or greater and that has at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

The Antec Basiq Series 550W (BP550 Plus), with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 37 Amps and with one 6-pin and one (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is sufficient to power your system configuration with a single GeForce GTX 560 Ti.
For a system using a single GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps or greater and that has at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

The Antec Basiq Series 550W (BP550 Plus), with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 37 Amps and with one 6-pin and one (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is sufficient to power your system configuration with a single GeForce GTX 560 Ti.

Solution
It's a budget series model PSU.

It uses a reputable OEM, Delta Electronics, that makes PSUs used in well known name brand consumer desktop PCs like Dell and HP.

If you receive a non-defective one it should be fine. You never know how its been treated during shipping before you've received it.

At least it has a 3 year warranty. There are other brands' budget models that have a shorter warranty and those are the ones that should be avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.