Sign in with
Your question

Does positive/negative airflow really matter?

Last response: in Components
a b ) Power supply
December 20, 2012 7:23:20 PM

I'm setting up a Phantom 410 with a H60 in place of the rear exhaust, intaking rather than exhausting. I thought this would be a good setup since as the air is pulled through the radiator and heated it is immediately exhausted from the 140mm in the top.

Since the rear fan is being removed, I have a spare fan. I'm not sure if I should put it with the other 120mm in the front as an intake, or put it in the free slot in the roof as an exhaust.

I looked up reviews on the topic and it seems positive provides better temperatures, and people say it fights dust too.

Does it matter?

Thanks.
a b ) Power supply
December 20, 2012 8:09:12 PM

cookybiscuit said:
I'm setting up a Phantom 410 with a H60 in place of the rear exhaust, intaking rather than exhausting. I thought this would be a good setup since as the air is pulled through the radiator and heated it is immediately exhausted from the 140mm in the top.

Since the rear fan is being removed, I have a spare fan. I'm not sure if I should put it with the other 120mm in the front as an intake, or put it in the free slot in the roof as an exhaust.

I looked up reviews on the topic and it seems positive provides better temperatures, and people say it fights dust too.

Does it matter?

Thanks.

If you intake air from outside of the case, the H60 will get a lot of dust because there's no filter, and the dust can cause cooling problems.

You can do a Push/Pull configuration with the H60 to improve cooling. (Intake air from inside the case and going through the radiator and then another fan to exhaust the hot air)
a b ) Power supply
December 20, 2012 8:11:06 PM

Yes...
!