Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Cheap Pc Build 500$ lower

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 6, 2012 4:06:20 AM

Is This Good for a 500$ Lower Gaming PC If Not then i would like some advice and i would like if there is anything wrong with this build and the ups and downs because i plan on getting it when i get the money.

EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) FPB 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card $125.00

COOLMAX ZX Series ZX-600 600W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply $50.00

Nippon Labs SATA Adpater Molex 4-Pin PC power cable to 2 x SATA Converter Cables for SATA I and SATA II Hard Drive Model POW-SATA-2 $5.00

Athena Power Model CABLE-EPCIE1628 16" PCI Express 6-Pin to Dual 8(6 2) Pin Linear Extension Power Converter $4.00 $1.00 Shipping

SONY Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1681S-0B - OEM $20.00 $5.00

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL $43.00

AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor ADX250OCK23GM - OEM $50.00

Western Digital 320 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive - WD3200AAKX $65.00

GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2P AM3 AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard $60.00

Total: $435.00

and a monitor if you can that is good and cheap.

More about : cheap build 500 lower

a b B Homebuilt system
August 6, 2012 4:27:17 AM

its possible to do much better

suprisingly for some reason i had a real low end budget build in my PCpartpicker list

CPU: Intel Pentium G630 2.7GHz Dual-Core Processor ($63.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock H61M/U3S3 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($73.97 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Value Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($20.49 @ Newegg)
Storage: Hitachi 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($75.29 @ Mwave)
Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 6770 1GB Video Card ($109.98 @ NCIX US)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX12V Power Supply ($32.30 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $433.00
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-06 00:29 EDT-0400)

albeit its 4gb ram
m
0
l
August 6, 2012 4:43:04 AM

dudewitbow said:
its possible to do much better

suprisingly for some reason i had a real low end budget build in my PCpartpicker list

CPU: Intel Pentium G630 2.7GHz Dual-Core Processor ($63.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock H61M/U3S3 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($73.97 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Value Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($20.49 @ Newegg)
Storage: Hitachi 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($75.29 @ Mwave)
Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 6770 1GB Video Card ($109.98 @ NCIX US)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX12V Power Supply ($32.30 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $433.00
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-06 00:29 EDT-0400)

albeit its 4gb ram

What should i do to improve because i want to play at least skyrim or BF3 on med/high to ultra on a 50+fps or better
m
0
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
August 6, 2012 4:49:15 AM

Xdespryer1 said:
What should i do to improve because i want to play at least skyrim or BF3 on med/high to ultra on a 50+fps or better


on what resolution. if its any high resolution, then the price budget is not correct for it.
m
0
l
August 6, 2012 4:51:42 AM

dudewitbow said:
on what resolution. if its any high resolution, then the price budget is not correct for it.

umm just like a suitable and comfortable sorry if i not giving what i am suppose to say but i not good at these stuff
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 6, 2012 4:54:47 AM

Xdespryer1 said:
umm just like a suitable and comfortable sorry if i not giving what i am suppose to say but i not good at these stuff



screen resolution is how many pixels the gpu has to create, then resize to fit the screen.
examples
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution

the higher the resolution, the more detailed it will be, but the more work the cpu/gpu have to compute.
m
0
l
August 6, 2012 5:01:51 AM

probably like a 16:9? or lower?
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 6, 2012 5:08:48 AM

no the ratio, i mean resolutions like

800x600
1024x768
1280x720
...
...
1920x1080


etc. for a budget build at this level, 1920x1080 should be the last resolution you should think about. this build can maybe pull off like 1280x720~1680x1050 with high or ultra depending on the game.
m
0
l
August 6, 2012 5:14:50 AM

dudewitbow said:
no the ratio, i mean resolutions like

800x600
1024x768
1280x720
...
...
1920x1080


etc. for a budget build at this level, 1920x1080 should be the last resolution you should think about. this build can maybe pull off like 1280x720~1680x1050 with high or ultra depending on the game.

Wait so like 1600x900? because i am on resolution 1600x900 right now and it seems okay.
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 6, 2012 5:24:33 AM

Xdespryer1 said:
Wait so like 1600x900? because i am on resolution 1600x900 right now and it seems okay.


yes. i would think the 6770 level can play in that resolution in BF3 at least in High quality. for optimal play, you may have to turn BF3 down one resolution to have a clean experience. I know that bf3 runs well enough at the 12xx resolution level.
m
0
l
August 6, 2012 5:37:15 AM

dudewitbow said:
yes. i would think the 6770 level can play in that resolution in BF3 at least in High quality. for optimal play, you may have to turn BF3 down one resolution to have a clean experience. I know that bf3 runs well enough at the 12xx resolution level.

6770 level? But anyways everything is fine? and your specs can you play bf3 or sky rim high and no problem and (IF) you can list the fps to because i want to know if yours is better than mine or mine is better and Is the 600watts power supply that i am going to buy do i need 600 or should i go lower/higher?
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 6, 2012 5:38:55 AM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($104.98 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock 880GM-LE FX Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($61.97 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($65.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 1GB Video Card ($139.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 370 ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.98 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Antec 380W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($40.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $500.37
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-06 01:39 EDT-0400)

the 965 is older, but will do the job, and the motherboard will take Piledriver, due late this year or early next year
m
0
l
August 6, 2012 5:43:10 AM

ScrewySqrl said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($104.98 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock 880GM-LE FX Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($61.97 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($65.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 1GB Video Card ($139.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 370 ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.98 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Antec 380W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($40.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $500.37
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-06 01:39 EDT-0400)

the 965 is older, but will do the job, and the motherboard will take Piledriver, due late this year or early next year

Sorry if i am picky or w/e but is it better than mine?
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 6, 2012 5:46:06 AM

yes. double the cpu cores, at a faster core clock, faster ram, better gpu, and bigger hard drive, along with a lower wattage but much higher quality power supply.
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 6, 2012 5:47:11 AM

Xdespryer1 said:
Sorry if i am picky or w/e but is it better than mine?


better to the extent that the PSU is cutting it close to some extent
m
0
l
August 6, 2012 5:57:15 AM

dudewitbow said:
better to the extent that the PSU is cutting it close to some extent

Lol um extent is better? and PSU=Power supply usage?
m
0
l
August 6, 2012 6:00:13 AM

ScrewySqrl said:
yes. double the cpu cores, at a faster core clock, faster ram, better gpu, and bigger hard drive, along with a lower wattage but much higher quality power supply.

but getting a monitor for it would be more lol anyways ill save for it or maybe stick to mine if i want to play really bad.Anyways if i do go for mine is there any improvements i should do just in case? like a better GPU or CPU and other stuff.
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 6, 2012 6:04:01 AM

What I posted will work fine. you need 22 amps on the 12v for the 6850, the Antec EarthWatts 380W has 28 amps on the 12v rail -- plenty. Toms's has used it in their system builder marathons for YEARS.

the Phenom II 965 and 6850 will run Skyrim or BF3 on Ultra at your existing 1600x900 monitor
m
0
l
August 6, 2012 6:12:17 AM

ScrewySqrl said:
What I posted will work fine. you need 22 amps on the 12v for the 6850, the Antec EarthWatts 380W has 28 amps on the 12v rail -- plenty. Toms's has used it in their system builder marathons for YEARS.

the Phenom II 965 and 6850 will run Skyrim or BF3 on Ultra at your existing 1600x900 monitor

So with that build like crysis 2 can i play it or atleast run on a fair amount of fps or is it like out of the league because i just want to know if i can play crysis if it is good then i be happy to know that i can play the games i want to play. :D  But if i cant then it wouldn't matter that much as long as i get to play games that are like bf3 or skyrim. :D 
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 6, 2012 6:33:33 AM

the 6850 probably holds one of the titles for $/fps ratio in the gpu world. its a great entry card into mainstream gaming, albeit it isnt the best 1920x1080 card, it is a solid 1600x900 card.
m
0
l
August 6, 2012 11:08:48 PM

dudewitbow said:
the 6850 probably holds one of the titles for $/fps ratio in the gpu world. its a great entry card into mainstream gaming, albeit it isnt the best 1920x1080 card, it is a solid 1600x900 card.

So should i get the 6850? or just stay with the 550ti because i just plan on staying in the 480$s but maybe a little more. and i just put a monitor on my build and its 510$ for total or maybe 520$.
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 6, 2012 11:21:09 PM

if you can afford the 6850, go for it, if its out of budget, then it doesnt hurt to weaken it a tiny bit.
m
0
l
August 6, 2012 11:25:50 PM

what other card can i go for if i cant go for the 6850?
m
0
l
!