Sign in with
Your question

CDR, not CDRW drives

Last response: in Storage
August 20, 2001 5:33:37 PM

Does anyone know of any drives that just do recording, not re-writeableing?
I would think they'd be cheaper, I'm curious.

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>

More about : cdr cdrw drives

August 20, 2001 6:00:34 PM

Good question! I never use my re-write capability of my Plextor Burner. That would be nice if they had just a standard burner that just writes!

Hope someone has seen it!!

<font color=red>"Can you deal with that!"</font color=red>
Related resources
August 21, 2001 3:55:09 AM

My friend had an panasonic cdr that does not have re-write. It was cheaper then re-writable that time but still cost him over $200.
August 21, 2001 11:25:00 AM

They definately used to, my first on was a jvc xr2010 (scsi) 4x read and 2x write LOL (could have been 6x read, i forgets), but yes, not everyone wants a rewrite facility, but from a manuf point of view- its another feater to offer.....

Next time you wave - use all your fingers
August 22, 2001 7:17:53 AM

they used to have them...
back in the days of 2x and 4x writing.
but Write and RW are standard features now.

I'll respect your comments & opinions, even if i disagree with them, Provided you dispay maturity.
August 22, 2001 8:37:21 AM

Once upon a time ;)  there were CDR drives that didn't rewrite. But AFAIK every CDR above 8x is a CDRW - the added cost must be insignificant (added core logic really).

How terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise
September 4, 2001 12:10:10 AM

yay

i used a rewritable CD last nite.

tried my single 4x-10x ricoh cd that was supplied with my ricoh drive to back up all my utilites & drivers i have installed.
mmm went wonderfully.

i may not use the RW feature again... but its still nice to have. the opportunity to add stuff or erase and start again on a high quality cd is not to be sniffed at. good data security incase things go titsup.com.au. LOL

I'll respect your comments & opinions, even if i disagree with them, Provided you display maturity.
!