explorer bar specified via shortcut?

Is there a way to create a shortcut that will bring up Explorer with any
of the Explorer Bar view options already set? These include Search,
Favorites, History, Research, Folders, Tip of the Day, and Discuss (I'd
settle for just Search, though). Thanks.

Michael Roper

Win+F will bring a Search companion with a focus set on all volumes.

Jetro wrote:
> Win+F will bring a Search companion with a focus set on all volumes.

Thanks. How can I use that to create a shortcut?

Michael Roper

On 5/11/05 09:38:37, Michael Roper wrote:

> Is there a way to create a shortcut that will bring up Explorer with any
> of the Explorer Bar view options already set? These include Search,
> Favorites, History, Research, Folders, Tip of the Day, and Discuss (I'd
> settle for just Search, though).

You probably know this already, but maybe not (Windows Explorer
Command-Line Options):
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q152457 (Win2k)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=314853 (WinXP)

This hasn't changed since Win95. (Ever wanted to know why they make so much
profit? :)

So according to the official documentation, you can open an Explorer window
with the Folders bar open, but that's about it. Maybe there's some
undocumented feature.

Gerhard

Gerhard Fiedler wrote:
> You probably know this already...:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=314853 (WinXP)

Thanks Gerhard. Yes, I know about the basic parameters.

> Maybe there's some undocumented feature.

I guess this is what I was pinning my hopes on. There has to be -some-
method to accomplish this. After all, when you pull up "Search/For
files and folders..." on the Start menu, there's Explorer in full Search
Bar regalia. If they can do it, seems like I ought to be able as well.

Michael Roper

On 5/13/05 21:24:32, Michael Roper wrote:

> There has to be -some- method to accomplish this. After all, when you
> pull up "Search/For files and folders..." on the Start menu, there's
> Explorer in full Search Bar regalia. If they can do it, seems like I
> ought to be able as well.

Maybe there's somewhere a COM interface to Explorer. This could allow you
to use JScript or VBScript (or whatever language that talks to COM) to
create the windows the way you want them and then create shortcuts to those
scripts.

Gerhard

IDispatch2 in fact.

David Candy wrote:
> IDispatch2 in fact.

Ok, that sounds cool. Don't suppose you'd happen to have a code sample
(or pointer to same) lying about, would you? I'd be much obliged.

Michael Roper