Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

A New Build (for a friend) 2500$ budget

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 6, 2012 6:44:12 AM

http://gyazo.com/4da5a7c5649daeb647273adf45c464ca
http://gyazo.com/2063e7d5aaab3490abd5aa22329b2695


This is what I have right now for him. Open to suggestions etc...


Thanks!


Edit: Preferably single card solution unless you can fit a 690.
August 6, 2012 9:02:31 AM

what web site u wanna use? and is the system for gaming?
m
0
l
August 6, 2012 9:03:34 AM

and the parts u have selected are u open for them to be changed?
m
0
l
Related resources
August 6, 2012 9:29:10 AM

this is what i put together for u killer machine!

m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 6, 2012 10:38:20 AM

Here is my suggestion if you don't like it no worries it's all good just showing you another option i left you money for whatever monitor you want and keyboard,mouse,os elect.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($339.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: TUNIQ Tower 120 Extreme 90.7 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($69.98 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V PRO ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($104.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($412.86 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($412.86 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 650D ATX Mid Tower Case ($184.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair 850W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($166.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $2094.60
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-06 06:36 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
August 6, 2012 6:19:47 PM

bigcyco1 said:
Here is my suggestion if you don't like it no worries it's all good just showing you another option i left you money for whatever monitor you want and keyboard,mouse,os elect.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($339.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: TUNIQ Tower 120 Extreme 90.7 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($69.98 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V PRO ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($104.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($412.86 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($412.86 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 650D ATX Mid Tower Case ($184.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair 850W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($166.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $2094.60
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-06 06:36 EDT-0400)



Very nice build. The problem is we have settled with a single card solution unless we can fit a 690 in (which i doubt it). I will however show him your cpu cooler and case.

Thanks!
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 6, 2012 6:31:09 PM

number1 east said:
Very nice build. The problem is we have settled with a single card solution unless we can fit a 690 in (which i doubt it). I will however show him your cpu cooler and case.

Thanks!
No problem your very welcome! ;) 
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 6:51:35 AM

anyone got some more suggestions?
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 3:49:51 PM

You don't need 16gb of ram. That's WAY to much. I would go 4-8GB of ram.
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 6:22:52 PM

addison said:
You don't need 16gb of ram. That's WAY to much. I would go 4-8GB of ram.


Alright, so tell me what you use the extra money on?
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 9:17:05 PM

number1 east said:
Alright, so tell me what you use the extra money on?


Also, don't go for the I7 because the I5 has literally the SAME performance and cost 100$ less http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... and get this ram http://www.newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx?cm_sp=S...

With that you will have about 130-140 dollars to spend on what you want. You could get a monitor, or better sound card/ wifi card. Maybe if you wanna, get a monitor.
m
0
l
!