Sign in with
Your question

Front panel audio not working

Last response: in Components
December 21, 2012 12:01:24 AM

Hello everyone,
Yesterday i built my gaming rig, installed everything where it should go. The problem is that when i tried to use the front panel jack it didnt work (my case is CM HAF 912, mobo is Asus P8H77 V LE), the mobo audio jack works perfectly. I connected the HD audio plug to the motherboard, and set the bios to run on the HD audio. I have tried to change it to AC97 however, it wont work. I installed the realtek HD audio manager, nothing more. Is there any driver i should install? Is it the case connector? Is it the mobo? idk :( 
a b ) Power supply
December 21, 2012 2:04:03 AM

check if you have sound on the back of the case and does realtek panel tel you ,you could have mute the speaker.
m
l
December 22, 2012 3:10:34 AM

the sound on the back works perfectly, and i haven't muted my pc. On the realtek administrator, it appears as if the front panel isnt working.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
December 22, 2012 3:13:55 AM

check the realtek panel if you plug in the headphones there is something like sound be redirected to them.
m
l
December 22, 2012 7:12:46 AM

In realtek audio manager, there is a folder type icon which when clicked shows some options. Check/uncheck the first option, something as disable front jack detection and see if the headphone works. I had the same problem before and checking the option solves it
m
l
!