Monitor image sideways

I briefly left my system while I was entering in a data entry program. When
I returned, the monitor image was sideways and I don't know how to restore
it. I re-booted in "Safe" mode and it was ok. When I re-booted again, it was
still in "Sideways" mode. How can I correct this?

Thanks,

Gerry Goldberg
2 answers Last reply
More about monitor image sideways

    By "sideways", I mean rotated 90 degrees
    "Gerry Goldberg" <ggoldberg@mchs.com> wrote in message
    > I briefly left my system while I was entering in a data entry program.
    When
    > I returned, the monitor image was sideways and I don't know how to restore
    > it. I re-booted in "Safe" mode and it was ok. When I re-booted again, it
    was
    > still in "Sideways" mode. How can I correct this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Gerry Goldberg

    Hi

    Try this:

    Right click the Desktop, select Properties>Settings>Advanced. See if there
    is a setting in there to rotate the screen back to normal. If you have
    Nvidia software installed try clicking on the tab for your graphics card and
    have a look for NVRotate on the left hand side.

    If you do have an Nvidia card there may be an icon in the Notification Area.
    If so, right click on it, select Rotation Settings and then set it to 0
    degrees.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    > By "sideways", I mean rotated 90 degrees
    > "Gerry Goldberg" <ggoldberg@mchs.com> wrote in message
    >> I briefly left my system while I was entering in a data entry program.
    > When
    >> I returned, the monitor image was sideways and I don't know how to
    >> restore
    >> it. I re-booted in "Safe" mode and it was ok. When I re-booted again, it
    > was
    >> still in "Sideways" mode. How can I correct this?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Gerry Goldberg

Configuration Monitors Customization Microsoft Windows XP