Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Geforce GT220 Questions

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 15, 2012 4:18:59 PM

Ok hello guys, i have been using this forum quite a bit now and it seems that the users in here (atleast many of them) is really helpful and knows what they are talking about so i thought i'd ask in here.

I have some questions about my computer, but mostly my graphics card.

SPECS:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300, 2,5GHz
Motherboard: Packard Bell EG43M, chipset Intel p45/p43/g45/g43
Memory: 6gigs of DDR2.
GPU: Geforce GT 220

1. Am i able to run 2 monitors (1920x1080)x2 on this card?
2. If not, can you possibly give me a hint of which card i should buy, which can fit into my motherboard? I don't know the pricerange really but i guess like 160GBP or so.
3. I have read somewhere in a thread here that the GT 220 card is like really bad. But i run games like MW3, Diablo3 in full res on a 20" and highest graphic options possible, hows that possible then? / is it because these games' graphics aren't that high compared to other games?
4. Can you possibly giv e me a hint of which monitor i should go for, if i won't spend more than like 110 GBP each and i would like to get 2? Prefer 22"-24". Just for gaming.

Kind regards
Dolphii
June 15, 2012 4:39:03 PM

Bump
June 15, 2012 5:20:13 PM

bump
Related resources
June 15, 2012 5:24:05 PM

hi bro i need to tell you something , your pc specs are really bad, your cpu, your board and ram are very old.

and your gpu is low profile, the 220 can't run a single monitor 20" at 1080p.

you need upgrade.

i suggest to you for gaming

cpu i5 2500k
any board p67a or z68
psu 600w thermaltake
minimun 4gb of ram
GPU 670
a b U Graphics card
June 15, 2012 5:45:55 PM

Its not as bad as all that but video card does indeed need to be replaced. You will not want to game on 2 monitors it is either 1 or 3 unless you want the bezzle in the middle of game play... I have 2 but one is for game secons is for Team speak CPu monitor temp monitor gpu monitor drive monitor ect. Nice to be abe to track what is going on with your PC while gaming. I would suggest a gtx 660(Not out yet but soon) or a 7850 as your mid range choices for 2 monitor setups... If 1080 and planing on 3d on both screens you will need to go even higher most likely.

Thent
June 15, 2012 6:14:47 PM

undress said:
hi bro i need to tell you something , your pc specs are really bad, your cpu, your board and ram are very old.

and your gpu is low profile, the 220 can't run a single monitor 20" at 1080p.

you need upgrade.

i suggest to you for gaming

cpu i5 2500k
any board p67a or z68
psu 600w thermaltake
minimun 4gb of ram
GPU 670

Yea i thought it was :/  But at the moment and for the last year, i run the games just fine at their max settings, and this just confuses me a lot. - Could you give me an estimated price for a pc i build myself with these specs? Or prebuild one, don't really matter for me. But thanks for the answer!

thently said:
Its not as bad as all that but video card does indeed need to be replaced. You will not want to game on 2 monitors it is either 1 or 3 unless you want the bezzle in the middle of game play... I have 2 but one is for game secons is for Team speak CPu monitor temp monitor gpu monitor drive monitor ect. Nice to be abe to track what is going on with your PC while gaming. I would suggest a gtx 660(Not out yet but soon) or a 7850 as your mid range choices for 2 monitor setups... If 1080 and planing on 3d on both screens you will need to go even higher most likely.

Thent

Yea this is exactly what i am going to use 2 monitors for. I wasn't going to use them both for gaming (like double resolution). Thanks for the tips, i might buy one of these then. Do you know if it is even able to fit into my motherboard or do i have to get a whole new pc?
!