snoodles

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
Ok so one of my friends had an old Vista gateway computer that he just put a 6670 into, and he wanted to upgrade to windows 7 so i went over and installed it for him. We got all his drivers and such installed and running correctly, so he went to go play diablo III we tweaked the settings and got it running at a solid 59 fps. The wierd thing is, is if the CCC is only down in the system tray it runs at about 50 fps and get choppy, but when CCC is open and windowed the game runs at a solid 59, but if you close the CCC down back to the tray the fps drops down to 50 again. It doesnt make any sense you guys have any idea how to fix it?

I have already tried reinstalling the drivers and such with no luck.

Hello,

I have the same weird issue with my graphics card (7950). I think it's a driver problem.

Some days Diablo 3 will stay at 60FPS (thats what I have it capped at), some other days it will drop down to 50 and stay there, even though I can get much higher FPS.

Using 12.4 drivers.

To be honost - it doesn't really bother me at all - I don't see any visual problems or choppiness.

Chairman Ray

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
That's a really weird issue. One thing you can try is go into the Diablo options, and set max foreground fps and max background fps to be the exact same. Perhaps Diablo is wrongfully detecting whether it is the active window.

snoodles

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

no it didnt fix the problem any one else have any ideas?