Nokia 6600 blue-tooch blues

Last response: in Brands
August 14, 2004 8:28:05 AM

Hi all,
I think alot of people are familiar with the problem I'm facing.
I have a Nokia 6600 and a billionton usb-bluetooth adapter (dongle ?
is that what it's called ?). I want to a)be able to have file transfer
between PC & the phone and b)run the Nokia PC Suite software.
I've installed the billionton software and "paired" the devices
together, so now they "see" each other. I can right-click any file on
my PC and "Send to" my bluetooth device, where it is received as a
message in the inbox. I'm not able to send files in the other
direction though (i.e. from phone to PC).
I've also installed the Nokia software, which I'm unable to run
properly at all. For starters, the "Nokia Connection Manager" always
gives me the same message when I press the "Bluetooth connection"
button; "Media type is not supported. Check your system for media
settings.". When I choose "Serial port connection", it just says it
can't a find a phone, and it communicates through "COM 4" only.
Now, to be honest, I'm not really clear as to how this works. Do I
have to set up my bluetooth device to somehow act as a serial port ?
If so, which one ? And what does "m-router" do ? I've enabled as many
of the ports as it will allow. Is it all a matter of adjusting port
settings between the different software (m-router, nokia connection
manager, pc-suite, billionton bluetooth software) ?
Please help

Thanx
Ayhad
August 16, 2004 3:48:20 AM

You're right, Bluetooth is like some sort of witchcraft. mRouter is the
thing that makes the connection (sorry to be so un-technical). Try
installing the mRouter3 Beta, seems to fix most problems.

!