Netgear g311t 64 bit

Sanja-sochi

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Good day, ladies and gentlemen. I'm the owner of the device. I bought it for 50 bucks and now they say, the support is not available anymore. and drivers for windows 7 x64 won't be issued, so I can throw it away.
Perhaps there are drivers for a different Netgear device that can be applied to my card?
Thanks.

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

Has it stopped working where it was OK before or have you changed OS to Windows 7? A lot of manufacturers didn't put out new drivers for W7 if the Vista version worked well. In Device Manager, right click the network adapter in question and click the Details tab. Under Hardware IDs you will see four characters after the VEN for Vendor and four after DEV for Device.

Either post those details back here or input them in the relevant boxes at http://www.pcidatabase.com and follow the links to a driver. A device may not still be supported but you can usually keep it going for some years beyond that.

Sanja-sochi

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011

It works on 32 bit Win7, Vista and XP. But currently I'm running X64, cause of 8 GB RAM.

Sanja-sochi

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
That's what I have in the device properties:
PCI\VEN_0201&DEV_FF96&SUBSYS_00000008&REV_09

The result on the website:
Vendor Search Results

No matches found for: "0201"

The Vendor seems to have been masked but the DEV is more revealingand tells us this:-

Chip Number: AR5212
Chip Description: LAN-Express AS IEEE 802.11g miniPCI adapter
Notes: On Sony VAIO VGN-FS965F (and PCG-TR2E)

I suggest you track down any Atheros 512 chip driver (at least it wasn't the dreaded 507 :D ) and give it a try.