Sign in with
Your question

Intel Card Question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 15, 2012 5:01:50 PM

So I have a laptop that I got as a school requirement and it's great in every aspect other than the Graphics card. I am curious as to whether or not A) It can run currently what I want to run, and if not then B) is there any way to upgrade it. I'm not really great with computers and when I try to locate the card name it simply says Intel Media Accelerator HD.

My computer's specs are as follows, I'm hoping someone can also tell me what type of card I have.

Fujitsu LifebookT900
i7 M620 @2.67GHz
8GB Ram (7.8 Useable)
64-Bit

To run what I'd like to run, I need
Minimum System Requirements:

* CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz or equivalent
* 1.5GB RAM Graphic card: ATI Radeon 9500 Pro 128MB or higher, NVIDIA GeForce 6600 256MB or higher, must support Shader Model 2.0 or higher.
* 8 GB of free disk space
* 8 x DVD-ROM drive
* DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

I'm 100% sure I meet all the specs other than the graphics card.

More about : intel card question

a b U Graphics card
June 15, 2012 7:03:19 PM

The graphics must really suck no to meet those requirements... Can you post the full specs of the GPU? (right click on desktop-->screen resolution-->advanced settings--> the adapter tab) You probably won't be able to swap the GPU because most laptop's graphics are welded to the motherboard. The only manufacturer that makes laptops with removable graphics that I know of is Alienware.

Of course, the best way to see if you can run it is to try. :) 
June 15, 2012 10:13:10 PM

Here are the Specs then according to the adapter tab:

Chip Type: Intel Media Graphics Accelerator HD
DAC Type: Internal
Adapter String: Intel Media Graphics Acceleratr HD
Bios: Intel Video Bios
Total Available Graphics memory: 1696 MB
Dedicated Video Memory: 64MB
System Video Memory: 0MB
Shared System Memory: 1632MB
Related resources
June 15, 2012 10:30:31 PM

If I were a betting man, I'd say you're probably OK, especially with 8gb of total memory. That Intel HD GPU supports Shader Model 4.0 and DirectX 10, so it should be perfectly fine since it's got 1700MB of memory it can use from the system RAM.

I'd be shocked if the program in question flat out doesn't work. Weird things happen with integrated graphics though. It would help to know what program it is, by the way.
a c 358 U Graphics card
June 15, 2012 11:05:35 PM

Your GMA HD graphic core (a.k.a. GMA 5700HD) is more powerful than the more well known GMA 4500MHD. Arguably, the GMA HD is about as powerful as a nVidia 9400m or AMD Radeon HD 3200 / HD 4200.

Click the following link for more info.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accel...
a b U Graphics card
June 16, 2012 7:44:54 AM

You should be fine with the integrated graphics. In case something doesn't work right, try lowering the resolution first.
June 16, 2012 8:27:43 AM

Thanks for the feedback folks.
!