Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What type of power supply should i get for my system

Last response: in Components
Share
December 21, 2012 3:22:43 AM

Can someone tell me the best psu for my system:

Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Graphics card: PowerColor AX7850 1GBD5-DH Radeon HD 7850
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Optical drive: MSI IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Hard drive:Western Digital WD AV-GP WD3200AUDX 320GB IntelliPower SATA 6.0Gb
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Motherboard:ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP LGA 1155
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


CPU: Intel Pentium G860 Sandy Bridge 3.0GHz LGA 1155
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...





a b ) Power supply
December 21, 2012 4:07:59 AM

Here some options:

SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular $89
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Rosewill HIVE Series HIVE-750 750W Continuous @40°C, 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified, Modular $89
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

CORSAIR CX600M 600W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular $79
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 291 ) Power supply
December 21, 2012 3:42:38 PM

notjaylan said:
Can someone tell me the best psu for my system:

Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Graphics card: PowerColor AX7850 1GBD5-DH Radeon HD 7850
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Optical drive: MSI IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Hard drive:Western Digital WD AV-GP WD3200AUDX 320GB IntelliPower SATA 6.0Gb
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Hi - what is your budget?

Tom







Motherboard:ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP LGA 1155
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


CPU: Intel Pentium G860 Sandy Bridge 3.0GHz LGA 1155
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

m
0
l
a c 1180 ) Power supply
December 21, 2012 6:13:40 PM

For a system using a single reference clocked Radeon HD 7850 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 27 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Sufficient Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated at 45°C - 50°C ambient temperature, is the most critical factor.

You may find power supplies on the market that supply more than enough Wattage to run the system. However, some of them lack Sufficient Amperage capacity on the critical +12 Volt rail, which is necessary to properly power the critical components in the system (i.e. CPU and GPUs). This is the reason why graphics card manufacturers overstate the power supply wattage, usually by at least 50 Watts, to take into account those power supplies that have the weaker +12 Volt rail(s).

The XFX 450W Core Edition V2 Full Wired (Bronze) (P1-450S-X2B9), with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 34 Amps and with one (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector, is sufficient to power your system configuration with a single Radeon HD 7850. This PSU has Automatic Input Voltage Detection, Active PFC and a 5 Year Warranty. It uses Seasonic as the OEM.

XFX ProSeries P1-450S-X2B9 450W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Core Edition V2 Full Wired Power Supply for $52.99 ($42.99 after $10.00 rebate card if purchased between dates 12/1/2012 and 12/31/2012.)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
December 21, 2012 6:16:36 PM

Hi :) 

ANY decent make 500 will do...

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
December 21, 2012 6:48:38 PM

I know the VP-450 was already listed but its cheaper over here:
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=62331&vpn=VP450&manufa...

I have owned the VP-450 twice and I can tell you its a very reliable unit, good quality and hardware secrets was able to pull around 540 watts from it despite it being 450 watts. Efficiency is always above 80% as well, though it doesn't have the bronze certified badge...
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
December 21, 2012 7:26:07 PM

id say the xfx one is greater in quality and id take that over antec anyday :) 
m
0
l
a c 1180 ) Power supply
December 21, 2012 8:50:40 PM

socialfox said:
I know the VP-450 was already listed but its cheaper over here:
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=62331&vpn=VP450&manufa...

I have owned the VP-450 twice and I can tell you its a very reliable unit, good quality and hardware secrets was able to pull around 540 watts from it despite it being 450 watts. Efficiency is always above 80% as well, though it doesn't have the bronze certified badge...

It will never get any 80 PLUS certification because it lacks Active PFC which is required to get the certification.

The presence of the little red input voltage selector switch is an indicator of a PSU's lack of APFC.
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
December 21, 2012 9:49:42 PM

ko888 said:
It will never get any 80 PLUS certification because it lacks Active PFC which is required to get the certification.

The presence of the little red input voltage selector switch is an indicator of a PSU's lack of APFC.


Makes sense now why it doesn't qualify for it, thanks! :) 
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
December 22, 2012 2:47:22 AM

that xfx powersupply is stable as hell, id take that anyday over that antec one.

m
0
l
!