Sign in with
Your question
Solved

XSPC RX240 in NZXT Phantom Case?

Last response: in Components
December 21, 2012 4:06:42 AM

Hey guys. So here's the deal: I plan to install a 240mm radiator in my NZXT Phantom case and I would prefer it very, very much to install it on the top of the case. I would remove the 200mm fan that comes with the case and place it on the side to cool the GPU's just so it wouldn't go to waste. But anyway, I know that I can fit a normal radiator there no problem, but I'm not so sure as to the very thick RX240 radiator. I have extremely low profile RAM, so there's absolutely no doubt that my RAM would not interfere with the radiator. The only thing that keeps me from feeling safe is the fact that the MOBO I would get has quite a tall heatsink and if something were to keep me from installing a thick radiator with no modding on a phantom, it would be the heatsink. The motherboard I'm looking at is the MSI Z77 Mpower board and if you loook it up, you will see the giant of which I speak of.

So the best thing would be if someone either has the setup I talked about or has seen someone do it, just post a reply here. Even if you don't have a thick radiator, having the phantom case and the MSI Z77 Mpower board with a normal radiator in push/pull would already put my mind at ease.

Oh and that reminds me, I would not run the radiator in push/pull.

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
December 21, 2012 4:21:21 AM

Wish I could help you with that because I was thinking about getting that case for my 2013 build and moving my XSPC cooling kit over to it and am using a Raystorm block with a RX240 rad that took a lot of modding to get it to fit in my Dragon Rider and would like to avoid that this time.
December 21, 2012 4:48:10 AM

bryonhowley said:
Wish I could help you with that because I was thinking about getting that case for my 2013 build and moving my XSPC cooling kit over to it and am using a Raystorm block with a RX240 rad that took a lot of modding to get it to fit in my Dragon Rider and would like to avoid that this time.

Well, I'm probably going to get the RX240 because I think that it's much more likely to fit than to not fit, but if it doesn't fit, then I can just remove the Hard Drive bays with a screwdriver and then mount the rad on the bottom of the case as many people do. That way, I can also do push/pull since there is much more space. I could always mount the rad on the back of the case too...
m
l
Related resources
a c 110 ) Power supply
December 21, 2012 7:24:51 AM

Go with the EX series.
m
l
January 1, 2013 12:43:51 AM

Best answer selected by freakyguy88.
m
l