Can'nt delete an item on the start menu.

I've got a folder on my start menu that I can't delete. When I try to
delete it I get a message that says: "Startup is a Windows system folder
and is required for Windows to run properly. It cannot be deleted." The
name of the folder is not 'Startup'. There is another folder with that
name. I do a search on the drive that contains Windows XP and can't find
anything with the same name. What's going on? How do I delete it?

I've received a sugestion in another newsgroup that suggests clearing:
"Tools > Folder Options > View > Use simple files sharing [recommended]".
I've left a message saying there is no such entry, but have received no
respose.

Don J

Don, what's the name of the Folder and is it in the left or right column?
Or is it in All Programs?