Amd fx-8350 + radeon hd 7870

greenonion01

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Hi people. I'm newbie about computer and I'm planning to build a gaming pc. I just want to ask if this processor and video card is good? amd fx-8350 + radeon hd 7870 or gtx 660

Yeah it's good stuff, but a Core i5 will deliver ~20% more speed in games that make use of CPU muscle at 1080p. FX will give around 10% more in non-gaming heavily-threaded software. Of the cards, I'd take the GTX660 without a doubt, but either is fine.

yeah if you want 5 fps on the first stage. currently there are only maybe 5 cards that will allow you to run crysis 3 maxed on the first level and stay above 30 fps and the 7870 isnt 1 of them..
medium settings is about all the 7870 can handle on the intro level. you can then move to high 1s your past it but your still only gonna get 35-40 fps avg. (dont worry its still very playable.)

rockinson

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
I would go with that and get the asus sabor tooth 990fx r 2.0 and youll play at the highest settings no problem. I play skyrim and crysis no lag at all supper smooth. I have 16 GB ddr3 1866 and a samsung evo 840 128 GB ssd.

rockinson

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
And hexit do you have that set up if not then dont say anything. I have that set up I know first hand that that is a great setup just if your going to get the 8350 dont use the stock cooler get the hyper cooler 212.

Neither of you two arguing has said anything about the resolution being used. Makes a pretty big difference. As does anti-aliasing. I'm guessing Hexit is assuming 1080p. If that is the res, I wouldn't want to go lower than a GTX770 to max Crysis 3, even just using SMAA and no MSAA. Anyway, you're necroposting rockinson. OP will have made his/her decision over a year ago when they asked the question. Why dig up such an old thread?

rockinson

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
All im saying is I game at 1080 on my new pc and have not seen any lag. You see the specs of my computer I just bought the pieces to and im gaming on a 32" hd tv. Everything turn up all the way so tell me im wrong. No one can know unless you spend the $1400 I did to put it together. I'm just say I'v done my home wark and it's payed off and if I need more gpu power I just get 1 more and there you have it. He never sai he had a budget so im guessing like me the OP just got there taxtes in and just wants something great for gaming.both ps4 and xbox 1are using multi theading and the 8350 is perfect and so is the xfx hd7870.

lol... who's arguing... im just correcting bad info. crysis 3's first level is well known as a card killer. way back then
if above doesnt want to listen im not gonna shout at him coz all you will get back is lalalala i cant hear you...
we know whats up and at the end of the day he does 2 whether he wants to admit it or not...

heres a link as to why crysis 3 kills all known cards...
http://maldotex.blogspot.com/2013/02/performance-bug-in-crysis-3-first-level.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/crysis-3-performance-benchmark-gaming,3451-6.html
heres toms own test of the 7870 not even on max settings its struggling to keep 30 fps... now you were saying?

Well-said. rockinson, believe it or not, some us actually spent more than you did and have more powerful setups with more high-end GPUs that still only barely keep up with Crysis 3 maxed at 1080p. If I have first hand experience that a GTX680 only just manages to stay smooth and responsive, why would I believe an inferior card could do any better?