Sign in with
Your question

GPu is failing to fully render trees

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 15, 2012 7:50:16 PM

Alright, so I bought a sapphire 7950 a couple of months ago and sofar it has been working just fine but a couple of days ago I noticed that in a game called vindictus the trees were failing to display. The first time it happened I restarted the game but it didn't help ta all. Then I tried to open up the catalyst command center but I just get the loading circle of windows and the catalyst never shows up. This is what my trees are looking like atm http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee401/xtremeclowny/... but the first time it happened the trees wouldn't display at all, all I could see silverish items with the shape of trees. The only game I play are Vindictus and Bf3 and I haven't noticed anything like it on bf3. Im just trying to figure out if it is a game or gpu issue.
June 15, 2012 8:02:33 PM

Could be the textures in the game, try doing a repair install of vindictus or a complete re-installation of the game. If that doesn't work I'd take the video card out of the pc and return it for a GTX670!! I'm kidding. But take the card out of the computer, uninstall any AMD Catalyst drivers. Then mount the card again, install the absolute latest availible drivers for the 7950 and you should be good. If you still have that problem see if theres any tech support for the game, and ask them if they have encountered any texture problems? If they say no then go to the store a buy the 670.
m
l
June 15, 2012 8:07:10 PM

Do you have the latest video drivers and cata version?

and...
Those checkered textures usually mean a missing or corrupted texture/file. I would go the that game's forums and post there too.
m
l
Related resources
June 15, 2012 8:08:29 PM

jpardo2 said:
Could be the textures in the game, try doing a repair install of vindictus or a complete re-installation of the game. If that doesn't work I'd take the video card out of the pc and return it for a GTX670!! I'm kidding. But take the card out of the computer, uninstall any AMD Catalyst drivers. Then mount the card again, install the absolute latest availible drivers for the 7950 and you should be good. If you still have that problem see if theres any tech support for the game, and ask them if they have encountered any texture problems? If they say no then go to the store a buy the 670.

lol i swear i was posting that the same time you were i just had to take a phone call so post got delayed :) 
m
l
June 15, 2012 8:22:03 PM

Alright, I'll ask around the game's forum. Thanks for the tips.
m
l
!