Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Mobo or smps???

Last response: in Components
December 21, 2012 9:06:29 AM

Hello,wat is first affected when the power is switched on??
Mobo or smps???

More about : mobo smps

Best solution

a c 136 ) Power supply
December 21, 2012 10:32:24 AM

Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums,
When the power is turned on at the back of the PSU, even when the computer is 'off', the PSU provides 5v of standby power to the motherboard. When you press the power button on the case panel, the motherboard uses that 5v power to wake itself to a powered on state and then begins to draw more power from the PSU. Although I would classify them as 'interactive', I guess you could say the motherboard initiates the 'power on' state.
Hope it helps
December 22, 2012 2:06:39 AM

C12Friedman said:
Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums,
When the power is turned on at the back of the PSU, even when the computer is 'off', the PSU provides 5v of standby power to the motherboard. When you press the power button on the case panel, the motherboard uses that 5v power to wake itself to a powered on state and then begins to draw more power from the PSU. Although I would classify them as 'interactive', I guess you could say the motherboard initiates the 'power on' state.
Hope it helps

yes,thank u :) 

but how does motherboard gets to know that power is switched on???
m
l
Related resources
a c 136 ) Power supply
December 22, 2012 5:29:28 AM

When you press the front panel power switch a momentary connection is made in the motherboard. That momentary connection 'wakes up' the rest of the computer and causes everything to power up. Think of it as a very quick 'short circuit' that jolts the rest of the computer awake (over simplified).
m
l
December 23, 2012 1:26:26 AM

Thank u.. :D 
m
l
December 23, 2012 1:27:13 AM

Best answer selected by Indira_1.
m
l
!