GTX 670 DirectCU II (not TOP) overclocks poorly?

SethiXzon

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
My GTX 670, to which I purchased expecting to reach at least factory overclock settings, can barely be overclocked before crashing in games. Curiously, this is not an issue with ComputeMark, which can reach overclocked speeds far beyond what I would expect.

Is this a driver issue, or do I simply have a bad card?

Solution
if you want gtx680 performance you should look for gtx680 to begin with. i know many were looking for the lesser perfoming card and just use overclock to match its bigger brother to save cost. but the thing that you have to well remember is every card overclock differently. in your case you might have pick card that barely overclock at all.

SethiXzon

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
I remember reading, however, that the latest drivers do not perform well for overclocked cards? Even at my current and very minor overclock, some older games are still unstable.

I am aware that the GTX 670 is an excellent purchase; but I was hoping for the performance of a GTX 680; is it possible that driver updates might improve its stability?

if you want gtx680 performance you should look for gtx680 to begin with. i know many were looking for the lesser perfoming card and just use overclock to match its bigger brother to save cost. but the thing that you have to well remember is every card overclock differently. in your case you might have pick card that barely overclock at all.

Solution