I3 or i5 for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhjr01

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
i3 or i5 for gaming?

Hi, do high graphical settings-demanding games like bf3 need to be ran by a quad core?

Putting aside the graphics card, can dual core handle a high graphical (sorry can't get the exact words to explain it) games?

Please do not suggest to get a graphics card, of course I know that. I just want to know what processor is better to run games and I will not use it for video editing, just pure gaming. thanks.

Solution
The i5 is the best choice, but in every game that is not an MMO or BF3 style with 64+ players, an i3 is going to keep pace just fine. Speaking in terms of gaming, if you have to choose between the better processor and better video card, go with the video card. The i3 may not be as beefy as an i5, but it will still run every game out there well.

The i5 is the best choice.

Games which supports quad-core CPUs will be running slower on a dual-core CPU. A game such as BF3 will not run well on a dual-core during multiplayer.

Bolivious

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
The i5 is the best choice, but in every game that is not an MMO or BF3 style with 64+ players, an i3 is going to keep pace just fine. Speaking in terms of gaming, if you have to choose between the better processor and better video card, go with the video card. The i3 may not be as beefy as an i5, but it will still run every game out there well.

Solution

+1 to this. Obviously the i5 will be a little bit faster, but if the price difference is important to you, you won't be crippling your performance by using an i3 - it's still a genuinely capable processor.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/far-cry-3-performance-benchmark,review-32584-7.html

Status
Not open for further replies.